Mi Tech Computers Bambalipitiya.

Recommend, complain or review vendors, products, brands, etc...
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Mi Tech Computers Bambalipitiya.

Post by SemiconductorCat » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Hello friends .
First of all this thread is not purpose of boycotting someone's business place.
But I consider to write this to stop someone else (Another University student like me) will
met up with the same trouble that I have met.

what I telling is don't buy any computer hardware from Mi Tech computer shop ground floor
bambalapiyata Unity Plaza.I had recently brought a SATA to USB converter for 2000/-rs, but the
original price is actually about 1800/-rs now.However it made my Hard disk to blown up, finally
I went and talk with the manager and they again and again yield that it's my wrong.I even never
scold to them but they have scold me with the bad words when I claimed for my warranty and
my claim about the hard disk that burnt. They finally eat another my 5 hours of time and finally
told me that they have nothing to do ! see !

Finally I realized that there is a huge current leak in the SMPS power supply unit and that leak
is making a huge power fluctuation on the hard disk outputs. The hard disk voltage regulators
were burnt because of this, I don't have a SMD workstation to remove it and replace it at home or
even I don't have no more warranty to the hard disk which is 320M 7200RPM.

This will be your trouble if you choose Mi Tech to buy computer hardware. So I'm telling you to
avoid them. To avoid the same trouble that I have faced, since you and we are university students
who need computer hardware as students we can't believe or trust on them.

However I heard there are so many mafia stories behind the Unity plaza computer shops.
However I don't have any idea to say "hay boycott them" what my purpose is just to
acknowledge you not to make the mistake that I have done.

If you can don't buy from the PC-House even.It seems to be that they no-longer have quality computer
hardware anymore.And if you gone for a warranty claim they will eat your whole day for that.

However this is not a boycott exercise.this is electronics , but if some device is not working properly
then the only way is to bypass that device or just replace that device.Same here applies to that shop.

Please do not comment scolding to that shop or using bad words. If there is mafia then we should acknowledge
other students , we should not take guns and weapons and burnt their stores.
and I'm speaking like this because I have bills and i can prove it.what my intention is to stop another student go there and face the same difficulty thatI have been faced ,

--sandun--
PraveenAlexis

Re: Mi Tech Computers Bambalipitiya.

Post by PraveenAlexis » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Barclays rocks, they even replaced my 250gb hdd for free even after the warenty period ;)
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Re: Mi Tech Computers Bambalipitiya

Post by SemiconductorCat » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:41 pm

PraveenAlexis wrote:Barclays rocks, they even replaced my 250gb hdd for free even after the warenty period ;)
what is the brand of the hard disk?

I think it's depend on the brand, some shops have good relationships with a particular brand/company and after-sales thing.
we better find it, without any offense.

The final declaration of the warranty claim is totally up to the company which manufacture the product.
Not for the show room that sold it. But here in Sri Lanka what we can't trust is the shop.Bad words, I even
didn't scold at them either.

He sold me a week quality product and it made my hard disk burnt.

Barclays may be good for the hard disks , but I have recently read stories about laptop issues about Barclays.
However I don't take responsibility about their true or false. But as I feel buying a laptop from Barclays seems to be
worse.(anyway I didn't brought a laptop from Barclays yet).
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:56 pm

Is it a USB to SATA adapter(instead of SATA to USB, that does not make much sense :) ).

I have never bought anything from Mi Tech. I simply can't trust those people. They look so dishonest, and its creepy inside that store :D.
I have bought stuff from Tulip Computers and the Barclays. Never had any problem. I don't even bother talking with the people at other shops. Because those shops simply do not impress me.

Is that adapter powered from an external power source other than the computer?. Just curious :)
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:08 pm

Since two of the seniors have given comments I don't see anything I should say to Sandun. I agree Mi-Tech is just another junk shop. Most of the unity guys don't know what they are selling. They just know how to select the cheapest accessories from Singapore and impress those with a set of dumb guys to innocent people. They don't know what they are talking about :lol: Just speak like parrots. However they have super talent (you know I'm pointing out a set of people here). When they see your face, they know what price they should give you.

I have seen number of times people here have recommended Barclays. Especially Herath, one of the seniors here. I have some good experience with Tech Info (formally ink selling company called Ink Tech) as well.

Okay. So better stay out of these racketeers. Simply don't buy from people who don't know what they are selling.

I'm really sorry to hear what happened to you. Why don't you simply go to police and make a complain. Secondly with that statement in your hand, go to Consumer Affairs Authority. They punish these people very strongly and will take all necessary measures to get your money from them. The present minister (Jonny) is known to be a hard working person. If those guys don't help you, just complain him directly. This is a serious issue. Lots of people face these problems.

Good review and thanks to Sandun for openly talking about your bad experience.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:37 pm

In MSI web site Mi-Tech is the distributor in Sri Lanka for them. MSI is a great brand. Unfortunately the brand is not seen here much. I just can't understand what the hell MSI is doing with Mi-Tech. I went to Mi-Tech about 4 years ago and asked for a MSI motherboard (a good one). They did not have it. :lol: . Lucky that I did not buy it from them. Because I had to send my motherboard for warranty twice :mrgreen: . (died out of experimenting. The Intel board is not so strong like other brands. The degree of freedom is null).

Our computer hardware market has be cleansed :P . We need the business oriented (minded) people out and more technology oriented people in. Because this is not pure business like buying some vegetables from the market, isn't it?. Anyway, easier said than done. That ain't going to happen until we have bigger percentage of good people in this system.

I like the TechInfo too. But their EVGA stuff is way overpriced. Or at least they should throw in some mid range stuff too. I check their web site often, but it is not routinely updated. I prefer to check the online store before buying. Barclays is far ahead on keeping their web site up to date. That's a good thing. Tulip Computers also has a good online web store. ( at least for checking the stuff they've got)
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:07 am

Code: Select all

Is that adapter powered from an external power source other than the computer?. Just curious 
ya , it's comming with a SMPS power supply unit. And the fault was inside that unit. There is a huge leakage
when I checked after it burnt my hard disk.

now I need to fix find someone who got a SMD workstation , I got SMD mounted voltage regulator on HD gone.
these are the troubles that we are paying money and buying !

Code: Select all

Is it a USB to SATA adapter(instead of SATA to USB, that does not make much sense  ). 
[code]
sorry about the mistake. However the data is bidirectional, USB controller is the master and Hard disk is the 
slave, therefore according to that you may correct. We'll let it as it is.But there is something called FC standarded
which it gurantees not to made any power line issues with other devices, but it does. the box have both RHoS FC 
standards. So I have full right to claim about my hard disk.However it's up to the company that manifacture to 
choose whether they issue the warranty or not. But that's the shop show room person who bug and scold me with 
bad words, while I didn't talk to him any rude.Sounds like customers are no longer welcomed there.
PraveenAlexis

Re: Mi Tech Computers Bambalipitiya

Post by PraveenAlexis » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:15 am

SandunDhammikaPerera wrote:
PraveenAlexis wrote:Barclays rocks, they even replaced my 250gb hdd for free even after the warenty period ;)
what is the brand of the hard disk?

I think it's depend on the brand, some shops have good relationships with a particular brand/company and after-sales thing.
we better find it, without any offense.

The final declaration of the warranty claim is totally up to the company which manufacture the product.
Not for the show room that sold it. But here in Sri Lanka what we can't trust is the shop.Bad words, I even
didn't scold at them either.

He sold me a week quality product and it made my hard disk burnt.

Barclays may be good for the hard disks , but I have recently read stories about laptop issues about Barclays.
However I don't take responsibility about their true or false. But as I feel buying a laptop from Barclays seems to be
worse.(anyway I didn't brought a laptop from Barclays yet).
its a samsung hdd also they replaced my kingston ddr2 2gb ram, and i never bought a laptop from them so idk abt laptop issus ;) im an old customer there, since then i didnt had any problem with them, even they do a service to ur pc for free, :lol: they asked me to join them after A/L as a part time job in the technical side. Isnt it awesome? :D
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:47 am

its a samsung hdd also they replaced my kingston ddr2 2gb ram, and i never bought a laptop from them so idk abt laptop issus ;) im an old customer there, since then i didnt had any problem with them, even they do a service to ur pc for free, :lol: they asked me to join them after A/L as a part time job in the technical side. Isnt it awesome? :D
I don't care the brand of the Ram , I even don't hesitate to buy even old ram after I checked with with a 2 passes through
memtest86 program.There are less issues in Rams commonly right?

They also told that story to me that They have sold 100 pieces of that , but the point is they disappointed me.And a regular
customer too.May be they are not cheating to the well experienced buyers like you, cos ppl know how they work.
As saman told in above.

The customer issues or customer complaints are not related to your job there. You go there and build your Carrier.
It's seriously lucky to hae that kind of chance while your learning in the university. But don't except it to make your
target job. Actually you can't earn more by that kind of a job. To get working experience , even without a salary that
kind of job is prefect. Because a position like that , you will meet the chance to study about and dig into the
computer hardware. Their standards , they drivers their os compatibility,etc,etc.

Return to “????????? ???????? (Recommend - Complain - Review)”