Customer Service of Telecom Companies in Sri Lanka

Recommend, complain or review vendors, products, brands, etc...
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Customer Service of Telecom Companies in Sri Lanka

Post by Saman » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:37 am

This is an answer I have given to a post here. But I thought it would be better to share this with everyone.

SLT is our property. Government owned means owned by people. Only thing is their employees think they own it. Those guys must be taught that government property is not their asset to eat. I think this is a lesson which should be taught to all government servants. Even the President states himself as not the owner but the caretaker of the country, why don't the government servants learn that. SLTs customer service is horrible. These people destroy the name of the company. If you have experienced the service of Mobitel, you will tell me it is also the same. Their customer service ladies are just a set of beauticians. Nothing more than that. I feel privatisation is the only answer to all government institutions which have interactions with general public.

However Dialog/Airtel customer service is mostly horrible in the same way. I only found a few guys who knows how to respect a customer. Just polite speaking is enough.

I think the main problem here is, customer service guys think we are just dumb as they are. Even I'm an engineer I used to talk to them without mentioning that (Why should I?) and used to laugh at them back for what they say :lol: Call centre people must be taught not to handle technical issues. They must divert the calls to technicians so they know what we say. Most conflicts arise when those dumb guys try to sort technical issues without knowledge.

I lived in many countries and I know how the customer service should be. All customers are called Sir, Madam, Mr., Mrs., Miss. without considering their look, monthly bill amount, location, etc... They give their highest attention for technical problems. They know loosing a customer is not just loosing that business. That client will stop further business on his society.

Having a worst customer service is a suicide mission to that company. They will keep on loosing customers, can't stop this.

I called Etisalat a few times and it seems they provide a better customer service than any telecom company. They were taught how to respect a customer and at least listen very carefully to the problems without talking dumb words to show off themselves. Even it was a problem in my side, they explained it very politely. Very good service. Highly recommended.

Lets share your experience here.
Nipuna

Re: Customer Service of Telecom Companies in Sri Lanka

Post by Nipuna » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:05 pm

Yes. I have so many Bad Experiences with SLT

I thought SLT is the Best, Now SLT is the Worst

Return to “????????? ???????? (Recommend - Complain - Review)”