Nokia E5

Recommend, complain or review vendors, products, brands, etc...
Face
Major
Major

Nokia E5

Post by Face » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:38 am

I wish to buy a mobile.These day I am thinking about that.I read some review notes from Internet.It is good Nokia E5 for me.

http://europe.nokia.com/find-products/devices/nokia-e5

I wanna

read e-books when I am free
Chat with friends.Use Gtalk.Online in Facebook.
wanna check my e-mails.
QWERT keyboard is better for me
little tough.Because It is hard to use a slide mobiles with my buzy life :P

Now about my friends idea.

Some friends told me Nokia is little expencive & it is good to go for a sony ericson.They got all the features like Nokia & price is also low.

Some friends told me It is better to go for a Nokia & buy a good latest one if you can like E7 smart phone.

I have some connection with muzlim friends who live in Dubai & Qatar.They told me If you wanna mobile We can buy it for you.Not made by Nokia.They bring Made in Finland mobiles here & sell for very low price.I will able to get a good discount from them.(One friend told me he will give me E7 for 65K.)Is it dangerous to import a mobile?will I get a warranty?

If you guys have any Idea about that what I should do.Please suggest me.!I am still waiting.thinking what to buy.
Nipuna

Re: Nokia E5

Post by Nipuna » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:09 am

This Is My Idea Right :)
Some friends told me Nokia is little expencive & it is good to go for a sony ericson.They got all the features like Nokia & price is also low.
I don't know about the Warranty. You should ask your Dubai Friend.

But As I said before you can buy Sony Ericsson Phone for Low price than Nokia.

And Importing Phone would be a Problem if they mail it. If they send it with somebody who is coming to SL it won't be a problem.

Since For High price mails Custom charges Taxes.

I bought an Used Sony Ericsson P1i to Replace my One's Main Board and I said the seller to send it as a Gift and Mark it as 10$. And He did like that and I got my Phone right to my Doorstep without any Problem.
Actually Phone is 73$ :mrgreen:

Search on eBay for a Good mobile but To Claim warranty you have to send it to seller again. As I did with my ADSL router.

Here is a one from eBay. It's Very Cheaper than the one your Dubai friend said.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nokia-E5-002S0K7-Sm ... 2eb189417a

Here is eBay search page with results.
http://cell-phones.shop.ebay.com/i.html ... m270.l1313

And I think Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Would be Suit you and You can buy one from SL for about 20K or 25K

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corpora ... riax10mini
index.jpg
index.jpg (6.35 KiB) Viewed 12853 times
Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:38 am

Now all are only brand names. Their hardware aren't quality. In past, SonyEricsson phoes were good. But now, they haven't good hardwares.

Recently my brother bought a SonyEricsson phone. It got so many bugs within 2-3weeks & send to repair for waranty. But still it haven't bug fixed. It gets another bug after repairing, even after replacing main board.

I don't know about Nokia phone. But only one thing, they are very expensive.

Note: this is only my persional idea. Don't get it seriously.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:22 am

Thank you for your replies friends.

Nipuna _ I dont like slide phones.It is hard to use.So I have to forget about that X10.My friend will not mail it to me.He will hand over to me.

RKSK _ thanks for your ideas.It help me to get my idea out about SE.in my personal idea also SE is not suitable for me.!
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 am

It's Unto you Dude.

I like SE and not Nokia :)
Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Also I don't tell Nokia is good. I told all are same now.

Anyway still I'm using a old SEw200 phone without bugs. So i wanted to tell, new mobile phones are not quality products. It is not only for phones, almost every products reduse their quality by time.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:55 pm

Yeah It's Right

Every Product is same now. I mean all the Electronic Ones. Like TVs in the Past we didn't get much Sony TVs to repair but now it's Increasing. But Panasonic TVs Don't we don't get much of them. Same before and same now too.

My Father is using my Old phone SE K320i and it's Been 3.5 years and Still don't have any Problem.

But My SE P1i got that restarting problem before i even use it for 2 years. I think it was my Fault since I tried to install Walkman Player by Hacking the Phone and I opened a System file then My Phone didn't turn on. So I installed phone's software when i was doing that Phone's Battery Died and Software didn't install well. Because of that I think my Phone's Hardware might be damaged.

Then I installed Software again and worked then That problem came after 6 months.

After that the Problem started I think The first time software installation caused the Problem. :(
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:05 am

Here is a different opinion from me ;)

I used both Nokia and Sony Ericsson in my life. And few of some other brands as well. Nearly 20 I think which were all high end phones. Here is what I can say.

Sony Ericsson is superb for music. There is no phone which can come even closer to the music quality of Sony Ericsson. I had a phone called W850i in the SE Walkman series. It was about ~LKR 50,000 those days but now it is about ~LKR 10,000 I think. I didn't hear that music quality after that from a Nokia phone. However make sure that you don't drop your SE phone. It will either damage or at least scratch the phone. Battery life is so good on all the SE phones I owned.

Nokia is superb in overall phone quality and features. Larger screens than their competitors. Handy look and well built cases has dominated the phone market for many decades now. One of the true reason is that Nokia works even after dropping it few times to hard flow. Battery life was not so good on all the Nokia phones I owned. It can be due to features such as large display, etc...

Another great phone brand which dominates the market is Samsung. I have never used a Samsung yet but I have seen a Galaxy with Android OS which I would love to buy. He bought it for about LKR 65K. However he told me the battery life is not so good with that phone.

Another great brand on sale is Alcatel. This brand is simply superb especially when it comes to battery life. One Touch Easy was my first phone which I bought for about LKR 13,000 in 1998. I have no idea of their new phone models (I heard Sala Enterprises are selling Alcatel now). Someone told me they have one with Android OS which I love the most however he told me that non of them have video call feature (front side camera). Worth to have a look as well.

One of the important thing to consider when you buy a high end phone these days is the OS. According to my knowledge its Android which is going to dominate the market. Android phones (sometimes called Droids) already captured a big potion in the market due to features it offers. There are Nokia (not seen any though), SE, Samsung and HTC brands with Android and I have seen few of them. Simply superb.

As far as I can see, Nokia still dominates the market. Its quality in terms of outer strength, internal mechanism and outlook has never been beaten by any competitor so far. However price is bit expensive but still good stuff are not cheap always ;)

GSparkZ, E5 is a business phone with a small display. It doesn't have front side camera as well. E7 is great in this series. Have a look at N97 mini as well. It's a superb phone. 5800 Navigator Version (not the Express Music version) is a super phone though it is a bit old. It was made to compete with iPhone by Nokia. I would also like to compare with X3, X6 and N8 as well.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:25 am

I like to buy an Android phone too.

The Phone I gave above is an Android one(SE Xperia X10 Mini).
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Ahhh thanks friends.It is good to have a good discussion with your before decide what to buy.I forgot that e5 don't have a front side cam.:( e& is great I saw that.Nice demo in Nokia site.That is great.but the thing is my budget.I was only searching the nokia web only.I will try other brands soon I don't have an idea about SE.because I need a mobile for rough use.
it is good with classic version.Touch ver is also hard to use.but they are good looking with touch.

5800 Navigator Version - Problem is camera,3.2 megapixel camera (2048 x 1536 pixels) e5 got 5MP camera.I didn't see Wifi in the specificaion.on nokia site.

Nokia X6 -Is good But full touch.It is hard to use I mean type.I love to have a keyboard.

Nokia N8 - this is a good one I saw in the web & will check the price of this phone.

Nokia N97 or N900 -these are 2 models fully match with my ideas.I will check the price soon.I feel that will be very high than e5.lets see.

I asked from a friend from Dubai.He told that he will help me to buy one.Made in Hungary or Finland.Not made by Nokia.He told that he will not post that.He will hand over to me.Think it is cheaper than Sri lanka.

continue discussion friends.It's a great help for me & other who will have any idea about buying a mobile. :D

Return to “????????? ???????? (Recommend - Complain - Review)”