Places to buy electronic items in Sri Lanka

Recommend, complain or review vendors, products, brands, etc...
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Places to buy electronic items in Sri Lanka

Post by Saman » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm going to recommend Dinapala (Nawala showroom) for TVs, setups, Digital Cameras, etc... I recommend them here due to the same reason, The Service. The set of friendly marketing guys were explaining about products in terms of quality regardless of their profit. The units I bought from them are working for years now without a problem. I bought following items.
Panasonic TV (29")
Sony theatre system (Really fantastic.. this is my love)
Sony Digital Camera

I would also like to recommend Wakishta (Boralesgamuwa, Attidiya) as well. Following are the items I bought from them. Their after sales service is really good. Very friendly owners and workers.
Sony TV (21")
DVD player

I recommend Singer washing machines.
I bought one semi automatic and it is working for years without even a noise. I recently bought a fully automatic washing machine from Singer Mega and it is really good as well. Worth for the price. However a person told me it is made in Sri Lanka by Damro.

Fridges... I use LG from Abans, However it was broken ones and I had to pay Rs. 7000.00 to get it repaired even under warranty though they have given a fair reason for that. However I was able to get my fridge back in about a week. (Living without a fridge for 1 week....can you imagine?)

A/C machines.... I was using two used air conditioners for about 8 years and I have decoded to replace them as the electricity bill went too high after rate changes. I bought 3 LG air conditioners (2 Neo Plasma ones) and those have given me expected results in terms of electricity bill reduction and quality of air. I must comment their service team. They are simply excellent. They use to call me and remind the services and charge me a very reasonable rate for services.

Electric ovens... I own a Alba (Italian) that bought from Singer Mega. It came with 3 gas burners, 1 electric burner and the oven. I simply love it as I do not get any complain from my wife. I heard lots of complains from my mum earlier when I had to replace burner heads of standard 2 burner cookers.

Ceiling Fans... I bought several(about 10) Indian made fans earlier as those were very cheep. Most of those gone out of order within few weeks to months. Later I bought one made by Orange... It is very good and I do not hesitate to recommend it here.

For computers, I can only tell you about InkTech (Tech information systems) for now. I can't recommend them for now as I only got one warranty replacement from them and I had no problem with it. However I need time to recommend them to you 100%. I have put a complain about some shops in complains section of this forum.

Please share your experience as well.

Return to “????????? ???????? (Recommend - Complain - Review)”