Do not buy from these shops in Sri Lanka

Recommend, complain or review vendors, products, brands, etc...
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Do not buy from these shops in Sri Lanka

Post by Saman » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:24 pm

Do not buy following UPS types in Sri Lanka.
  • Power Tree
  • iNeat
And do not buy from following shops due to horrible service. Service guys doesn't know how to talk to customers. Common property is good at selling, worst in after sale service. Their products are worst than others as well due to having no technically qualified person in purchasing department.
  • PC House, PC Partner or any of their shops
  • Neal Lanka
Take this advise seriously. I'm giving this advise after loosing millions of money on buying products from them.

Tech Information Systems and Barclays are so far so good. But I will post here if I get any problem from them.
Silicon
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Do not buy from these shops in Sri Lanka

Post by Silicon » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:46 pm

I have similar experiences with pc partners. Me and my friend bought two USB flash drivers and they broke(not working) and when we went for the service they took almost two weeks and time wasting is huge. I really feel bad about those shops,. And I recommend above post. And I know by experience those are not the only shops that has bad after service. Please spread the word, so another person may not experience the same situation.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:30 pm

Computer Component market in Sri Lanka has to be regulated. :D
There are so many people selling shit at Unity Plaza.
And A&G Graphics, STLabs... what are they. I have not even heard of those brands. And can't forget the low quality Chinese shit too. :evil:
SevenZero
Major
Major

Post by SevenZero » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:53 am

I agree with all of you. However we had to admit that this is how it was working for past several years. Sales guys don't know about items, how to respect clients, push customer to buy what they have, etc.... Simply they know nothing about what they are selling. Some are over business minded. For some, a customer is a headache :lol:

Those who are going to buy from PC House and need a discount, post here. I will arrange a special discount for reputed ROBOT.LK members. However I'm not going to recommend them here as I have worst experience with after sales service. This is just in case if you buy from them.

Always make sure, you first call/visit them and get the price. Otherwise you will not feel the discount :lol: . Obviously you can understand that I can't guarantee on a discount. But I will try for you just as I do for myself.

Again this is exclusively for reputed ROBOT.LK members. I'm not rich to place many calls a day :D
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:58 am

I will only use parts from PC House if and only if they give away free. :D
Otherwise noo...
Almost everyone knows how bad PC house after sales service is. :lol:
Anyway, thanks for the offer.
SevenZero
Major
Major

Post by SevenZero » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:13 am

I have the same feeling as you. But the point is they import most of the parts that are sold in Unity Plaza. In addition to their retail business, they keep the monopoly in wholesale market as well. That means whether we buy from an outside shop, we buy their products.

However as Saman said before, I found InkTech (Tech Information Systems) a good place. However the person I knew there (called Shiham) has left the country quite a while ago.

One other point... I'm wondering how Tulip is still running there. I know Charles for a long long time. When I was going to school, I used to hang a around in unity plaza looking at new products (about 15 years back). I was so crazy to learn about new technologies. I remember those days, it was only Tulip and MiTech at Unity Plaza :). Ones I found Tulip sales guy had sold me something for a very expensive price, I stopped buying from them. I was visiting unity plaza about a week back after a long time and I found that Tulip was filled with customers. If one of you can check their prices and let us know about Tulip, it would be a great help for everyone.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:20 am

I bought my Inno3D graphics card from Tulip 3 years ago. At that time, Geforce 8 was released, but I could not find any at unity plaza other than the GeForece 7600GS I bought for 14000. It has been running for 3 years now.

About 2 months ago, I bought a G31 Gigabyte (Could be from PC House, not sure) motherboard, a E5400 and Kingston 2GB memory for a friend of mine. Prices seems to be OK. They do not force customers to buy something else other than what customer asks for. Haven't had any issue with those hardware yet. :)
SevenZero
Major
Major

Post by SevenZero » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:40 am

Since you have good experience, please post new topic under Buy Guide > Recommend. This will benefit 1000s of innocent people in Sri Lanka.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:34 pm

Saman wrote:Do not buy following UPS types in Sri Lanka.
  • Power Tree
  • iNeat
And do not buy from following shops due to horrible service. Service guys doesn't know how to talk to customers. Common property is good at selling, worst in after sale service. Their products are worst than others as well due to having no technically qualified person in purchasing department.
  • PC House, PC Partner or any of their shops
  • Neal Lanka
Take this advise seriously. I'm giving this advise after loosing millions of money on buying products from them.

Tech Information Systems and Barclays are so far so good. But I will post here if I get any problem from them.
Do not Buy DCP UPSes too. I had a Bad time with them to repair them, No Owned Company,No Circuit Diagram. Even there is no Country that those UPSes are made.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:38 pm

Nipuna wrote:
Do not Buy DCP UPSes too. I had a Bad time with them to repair them, No Owned Company,No Circuit Diagram. Even there is no Country that those UPSes are made.
I have the very same thing to say about this DCP UPS model. :D

Return to “????????? ???????? (Recommend - Complain - Review)”