Will Ubuntu Edge conquer the smart mobile world?

Linux OS Topics
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Will Ubuntu Edge conquer the smart mobile world?

Post by Neo » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Ubuntu Edge seems to be the future mobile OS. Ubuntu has undoubtedly become the best OS among Linux users. Among the many good features, Ubuntu is the most stable Linux distribution for desktops as far as I know. Most of you know that Ubuntu is now going to conquer the world of smart mobiles. I'm sure this is going to be a huge success with their past many years of experience in Linux.

Read more

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQLe3iIMN7k[/media]
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Re: Will Ubuntu Edge conquer the smart mobile world?

Post by SemiconductorCat » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:11 pm

Sounds promising.
This may be the next Android. Where it do support existing android apps too.

Ubunthu touch is a great idea. Their design team have great minds. But I little bit nervous about
it's cover and it's shape. I think it should be little bit curve slim shaped. And it's diamond surface is an overkill.
I prefer something like carbon fiber is the way to go. I don't know specific reasons why they use diamond
surface instead of modern phones come with carbon fiber. Where you could go to Formula 1 racing and if
collide your phone will survive. May be there are difficulties with carbon fiber when it comes to touch panels.

They are choosing a LTE enabled ARM application chip however. Could be Qualicomm , TI , Nvdia ,etc etc.

Return to “Linux”