OpenVPN Server-to-client Configurations with MySQL

Linux OS Topics
nwclasantha

OpenVPN Server-to-client Configurations with MySQL

Post by nwclasantha » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Interconnection .jpg
OpenVPN Server and Client Install / Configurations with MySQL Authenticated Logins and client’s private key combine dual VPN Pooling method

REQUIREMENTS

Linux Server: CentOS (Minimal Install): 6.3
OpenVPN: 2.2.2-1

Packages Needed: openvpn (2.2.2-1) pkcs11-helper (1.07-5) Used for certificate and key generation lzo (2.03-3.1) Used for Lempel–Ziv–Oberhumer compression For SELinux Mangement: policycoreutils-pythonSETUP ROUTER.

Setup NAT

If you're using a private subnet for hosting the server, be sure to setup a NAT forwarding rule to the appropriate IP and port. In our example configuration the IP of the OpenVPN server will be 192.168.2.204 and port 1194.

SERVER SETUP

The OpenVPN server and pkcs11-helper packages are not available on the default CentOS repositories. You may either install the Fedora Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL) repo

Troubleshooting

1. There are quite a few pieces that have to play nicely together to get OpenVPN working correctly. Here are a few tools that come in handy if things don't work smoothly right out of the gates.

2. Check the OpenVPN logs There is lots of good information in there that can point you right to the problem. This is especially handy when tweaking the config files.

3. Increase the verbosity This will show you more of what OpenVPN is thinking. A verbosity level of 5 or 6 is pretty handy for high level checking, anything higher is great for really tracking where packets are going.

4. Use "tcpdump" tcpdump is a great network troubleshooting tool, especially since both OpenVPN machines are acting as routers. Check the tcpdump man page for more details.

5. Take baby steps! Build up the VPN incrementally and test the connection along the way. (i.e. bring up the tunnel, make sure your can ping through the tunnel, then try with other machines on the network)

PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND REFER MY PDF FILE 100% TESTED OPTIMIZED 256 BIT ENCRYPTED NEXT GENERATION LINUX BASED OPEN VPN SOLUTION WHERE I HAVE ALREADY ATTACHED WITH THIS URL.
Interconnection .jpg
open-vpn-fw-auto-config-script.rar

Return to “Linux”