My personal experience on Parallel Plesk

Linux OS Topics
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

My personal experience on Parallel Plesk

Post by Saman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:24 am

I have recently updated Parallel Plesk panel from version 9 to version 10. Though I was having several minor issues with 9, I wasn't too unsatisfied. Everything happened after I update it to version 10. Basically it stopped everything. Websites, Plesk control panel, emails, etc... It was several bugs in their update script.

After several attempts I contact them and they said they only provide paid support. If I need free support I had go through their forum. I entered my problem and a guy suggested to look at logs thinking that I'm a fool. I called the hosting company and they asked me to go through 1000s of entries in their forum to find a solution myself. After several attempts including psa database changes, I managed to get it working. Since the hosting company hold the license of the Plesk panel, they took two days to upgrade the ver 9 license to ver 10. That's a separate issue to address.

So far I'm totally unsatisfied due to this horrible experience and openly thought to ask all web masters to avoid Plesk. If you are lucky enough you'll see this post. If not, I'm sure you'll have to join with 1000s of unsatisfied users. I have used cPanel for years and I'm very satisfied with it, however my hosting company only supports Plesk. Another good solution could be Kloxo which is a free/open source server management panel.

Please note that I have no personal problem with that company, I'm just an unsatisfied webmaster.

Return to “Linux”