LED drivers why they are so complicated

Electronics & Electrical Engineering Topics
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

LED drivers why they are so complicated

Post by SemiconductorCat » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:34 pm

When you doing something for the industry, you need to care about many things.
Most probably you have to pay lots of attention to it's life time and it's safe operating point to
ensure it's operating correctly.

Manufactures know it. Because they got genius scientists inside their fabs.Most probably they know
the pattern of failure in your case. Simply manufacture or product engineer could not transfer all the
parameters and details and cases of failures to you with a 10+ page PDF data-sheet.

After more than 10+ failing times connecting a simple high power LED to a printing machine,finally
I have come up with the solution which describes solution to my problem. Simply life is not simple.
We need a expensive driver ICs.
http://www.maximintegrated.com/app-note ... vp/id/3070

Typically it's all about electrical. But mechanically and thermodynamically there should be thousands
of issues which are not addressed and waiting to be failed and blame me back. That's why more knowledge
and silence is more important in the industry. Simply more knowledge will fix the problems and issues and
avoid them happening in the industry, and troubles and blames could be ignored with silence [where it's the
problem of the sales engineer and not mine ,because I'm simply not the one who face in-front of customers]
by securing the great silence.

--Thanks for reading--

Return to “Electronics & Electrical Engineering”