Electronics & Electrical Engineering Topics
Nandika
Captain
Captain

CRT monito blur?

Post by Nandika » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:11 pm

Hello ROBOT.LK Friends,

I have a CRT monitor.
it is work.but,after about an hour till display on,screen be blur.
at center of screen lowest blur.in-sequence go to border direction increase blur in 4 side.i cant see system tray,main menu bar or side gadget in Widows clearly. :(

What is the fault of my monitor?

Please help me.

Thanks
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: CRT monito blur?

Post by Saman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi Nandika,

Please take the CRT to a TV technician. This is a small thing which can be repaired for less than Rs. 500/=
However if the technician asks for more than Rs. 1000/=, I think it is worth to buy a used branded CRT such as Dell for about Rs. 2500/=
Nandika
Captain
Captain

Post by Nandika » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 pm

Saman wrote:Hi Nandika,

Please take the CRT to a TV technician. This is a small thing which can be repaired for less than Rs. 500/=
However if the technician asks for more than Rs. 1000/=, I think it is worth to buy a used branded CRT such as Dell for about Rs. 2500/=
Thank you Saman for your idea....

But,Someone say this is a problem of FBT(fly back transformer) or sometime,dry joints(broken soldering points).i think,i can try solve this problem.

However,i must buy a new LCD monitor...
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:26 pm

But,Someone say this is a problem of FBT(fly back transformer) or sometime,dry joints(broken soldering points).
Yes, it could be due to those reasons. In addition to that it could be sue to Horizontal/Vertical control ICs as well. I'm sure a TV technician will be able to suggest you a solution. But before making, make sure you ask him to quote you the price, so you can decide.
i think,i can try solve this problem.
I don't think this is a good idea. It is too dangerous to touch without knowing what exactly you are doing. TV technicians know these. Sinhalese saying: When the plier is there, why do you want to burn your hand ;)
However,i must buy a new LCD monitor...
You can buy a used branded (Dell / HP) 17" LCD monitor for about Rs. 8,000 - 10,000. May be even less. I'm a bit biased to those branded stuff even those are used.
Nandika
Captain
Captain

Post by Nandika » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:12 pm

Hi Saman,
saman wrote:When the plier is there, why do you want to burn your hand ;)
:roll:

This is 60% correct.i don't/cant compleatly refuse your advice.but,i think,i can do it.some time my hand will be burn... but,i don't worry. :)

i think.i can fix dry joints in easily.and replace FBT in care.i have some experience ago.
However,this is fore increase my experience.

Thank you Saman.your advice is important us forever. :clap:
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:37 am

i think.i can fix dry joints in easily.and replace FBT in care.i have some experience ago.
However,this is fore increase my experience.
so if you have experience then why don't you find the diagram, get the scope and run the test cases, and
precisely identify the problem ?

In theory there are troubleshooting techniques. But if something goes wrong , some theories will end up
you dead, if you seriously not trained under a well experienced technician.You may studied 'fault diagnosis'
course to a semester in the university, but I don't call that's experience. Because that experience only
be experienced when something goes wrong.
Nandika
Captain
Captain

Post by Nandika » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:47 am

SandunDhammikaPerera wrote:

so if you have experience then why don't you find the diagram, get the scope and run the test cases, and
precisely identify the problem ?

In theory there are troubleshooting techniques. But if something goes wrong , some theories will end up
you dead, if you seriously not trained under a well experienced technician.You may studied 'fault diagnosis'
course to a semester in the university, but I don't call that's experience. Because that experience only
be experienced when something goes wrong.
Yes,Sandun.sometime you may be correct.may be,my experience not a real experience.but,i have some familiar with repairing this item.therefore,i think i can try to repair my monitor.

i think,theory is correct 90% that knew me.
i don't want a diagram,because,i never search PCB or i don't want to bug my monitor according to theory of monitor.i can act according to advice/command that gave for me only as a soldier.;) (i never abase our soldier.they are real hero in our.please don't confuse.i say that example for only for understand my situation.)

Thank you for your advice and warning.i know that you are saying.
Thank lot...
Nandika
Captain
Captain

Post by Nandika » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi Friends,
I found a new solution for CRT blur.it's very easy.But,BE CAREFUL.

Remove back casing and study about FBT placed.
Now get a insulated screwdriver and set pre-sets till most clear picture.
place a document with small letters on screen at this time.
you can get most clear position for each axis.and stop.

Use following images.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL
Place of FBT
Place of FBT
img0063h copy.jpg (96.48 KiB) Viewed 7321 times
Vertical and Horizontal focusing pre-sets
Vertical and Horizontal focusing pre-sets
FUH29A001 copy.jpg (184.24 KiB) Viewed 7321 times

Return to “Electronics & Electrical Engineering”