High Gain UHF Booster

Electronics & Electrical Engineering Topics
Nipuna

High Gain UHF Booster

Post by Nipuna » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Please give me a circuit of High gain UHF TV booster To build one. Parts could be buy from Sri lanka.
Magneto
Major
Major

Re: High Gain UHF Booster

Post by Magneto » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:15 am

Hi Friend ,

Here I am sending a circuit diagram that should work. I think you can buy all the parts of this circuit
from Sri Lanka. If you found any difficult to find the parts, please let me know. Then I will look for a supplier and
let you know.

This amplifier circuit is used to amplify TV signals in UHF range. It uses a low-noise transistor and gives 10 to 15 dB amplification in the frequency range from 400 MHz to 850 MHz.

The transistor must be shielded from the input components and in constructing this circuit, the wirings must be as short as possible. For best results, the cable must be directly soldered to the PCB. The circuit should be installed near the antenna and housed in a water proofed case.

The power supply for this UHF TV antenna amplifier is fed through the cable by using a choke coil. To prevent the DC voltage from getting into the TV set, the coaxial cable must be coupled to the set through a small value capacitor.

To align the amplifier, just adjust P1 until the best reception is achieved. It means a collector current between 5 and 15 mA.

Shematic Diagram
circuit.JPG
circuit.JPG (18.72 KiB) Viewed 15206 times
PCB Layout
pcb.JPG
pcb.JPG (8.5 KiB) Viewed 15206 times
Component Placement
component_placement.JPG
component_placement.JPG (6.72 KiB) Viewed 15206 times
Good Luck
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:29 pm

Thanks for the big help
Shane
Captain
Captain

Post by Shane » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Did you make it? Submit your reviews about the circuit diagram please. I'm pleased to know the help given by ROBOT.LK is useful for the members. ;)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:03 pm

Shane wrote:Did you make it? Submit your reviews about the circuit diagram please. I'm pleased to know the help given by ROBOT.LK is useful for the members. ;)
I couldn't make it Because i don't have time because of my exam
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:50 am

I tried a Booster with 2 C3358 Transistors I can watch channels but they are not clear. I need to watch SIrasa TV. I think it's at UHF channel 25. If you Have time Please Help me.

Thanks
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:46 pm

I'm sure the one you made is not the one Magneto has added. Without circuit diagram, there is no possibility to help you.

Also add these details.
  1. Where did you get the circuit diagram
  2. Is it a trusted source?
  3. Try to call them and see whether they no any improvement
  4. If you don't get any help, then submit your circuit diagram so someone will try to assist you
I would also suggest you to try the Chinese rotating antennas available in the market. I found them very effective. We were able to see all the channels available in Sri Lanka very clearly. If you are going to use them, make sure you paint the plastic parts of the outdoor antenna unit otherwise those parts are degraded due to heat and rain.
Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:29 am

hi all,

chaines rotering antenas work well for nearly 1year. but after a year its gain goes down. also it has small chip transistors. therefore we cant put new transistors.

also there is an antena named BATAPOLA ANTENA wich made in sri lanka. many of pepole use it and they say it works fine. but i havent used it.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:56 am

I tried Those 2 But no use. The booster is one that i bought from market its name is Nippon
Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:06 am

Yes, boosters work well always than antenas wich comes with bulletin boosters.

Return to “Electronics & Electrical Engineering”