Car Engine sound generater

Microcontroller Topics
NTSH1996
Sergeant
Sergeant

Car Engine sound generater

Post by NTSH1996 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:49 am

Hey guys,
Currently I am working on a project where car engine sound have to be generated according to voltage input. I have used potentiometer to sense gas pedal movement. The sound have to be generated according to that Analog input. But I don't have even a slight idea on how to implement that. So need a little help here. Thanks in advance.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Re: Car Engine sound generater

Post by SemiconductorCat » Fri May 24, 2013 10:35 am

If you think completely outside the microprocessor world, this is easy.

I too never done this kind of application with microprocessors.

As I understand your question, you need to synthesize can engine according to the input voltage parameters.
Well this could be something doable.

Do you know how does Ambulance Siren works? The same principle could be applied here. Where frequency
is varying according to a input voltage.

Suppose if car engine generate a constant frequency when it's at a constant RPM, when increasing RPM
it should generate a high frequency. And low frequency when descreasing. So you could remove that capacitor in the and voltage
dividers and place your function generators , or use 555 to sent negative or positive pluses to capacitor.
same principle in delta modulation.

This kind of this could be implemented pure analog. But however these days microprocessors are cheaper
than analog components. So I may be wrong.

If doing this with a microprocessor , I guess you need a sound synthesizer.Could be interfaced with SPI or
I2C.

Hope this helps.
NTSH1996
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Car Engine sound generater

Post by NTSH1996 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:14 am

Thnx. I ll try it n let u know

Return to “Microcontrollers”