How to interface ADC0804 to microcontrollers

Microcontroller Topics
SevenZero
Major
Major

How to interface ADC0804 to microcontrollers

Post by SevenZero » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Signal control on ADC0804

1. Make CS = 0 and send a L-to-H pulse to pin WR to start the conversion.
2. Keep monitoring the INTR pin. If INTR is low, the conversion is finished and we can go to the next step. If INTR is high, keep polling until it goes low.
3. After the INTR has become low, we make CS = 0 and send a H-to-L pulse to the RD pin to get the data out of the ADC0804 IC chip.

Timing of the ADC
timing.jpg
timing.jpg (10.57 KiB) Viewed 3506 times
Example:
ADC0804.jpg
ADC0804.jpg (55.87 KiB) Viewed 3506 times
Write a program to monitor the INTR pin and bring the digital input value into register A. Then call a subroutine to display the input value on a 7-segment display. Do this continuously.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Re: How to interface ADC0804 to microcontrollers

Post by SemiconductorCat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:04 am

By the way sevenzero,
you don't need a 8051 to have fun with this.

May be check this out : https://sites.google.com/site/scopeonpc/scopeonpc4

Super sorry for the diagram, that genius person who design this don't know how to draw a diagram correctly. :(
Even genius talanted engineers :( , sadly this is telling something like "Hay that's how I draw diagrams , it's up
to you to follow my style."

You could assemble a 100KHz functional single channel oscilloscope with very little effort. BTW 100KHz is even
not enough for me. Since this have a sampling time 1uS , so it means one mega samples per second.

Since I could use monitor output as my own signal generator up to VHF range (What? see this ) oscilloscope is
what I lack for my electronic garage.

still doesn't find a good way to built poor man's oscilloscope yet. If you have links please share.

Return to “Microcontrollers”