ATiny85 Programmer

Microcontroller Topics
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

ATiny85 Programmer

Post by SemiconductorCat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:50 pm

Hi all,

I want to play with ATiny85 microcontroller. I understand I could program it with SPI bus, but where I could
get a SPI programmer? I have a computer with no serial and no parallel ports.Do you know somewhere I could
buy a SPI programmer?

If I buy a usb2parallel port adapter and then assemble a circuit like this will it work?
http://avrprogrammers.com/images/par2.gif
Please review the USB electrical specification, you could only draw up to 500mA max from a host.

And any idea about ATiny85 availability and price in the SL market?

I have searched for the FTDI chips in local markert ( There is a funny banner above the shop with a FTDI
chip, but when I ask from them about chips , they talk about potato chips :( gone to wrong place).
Simply I need a USB chip with some GPIO. And Atiny85 have a USB module and it's price is also low as I heard.

Thx in Advance--
TRONICLK
Captain
Captain

Re: ATiny85 Programmer

Post by TRONICLK » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi Sandun,

I'm from TRONIC.LK, a Sri Lanka hi-tech company. We can supply you ATTiny85 but the cost would be more than Rs. 300 with current dollar rate. We can only give a good price for bulk orders on these ICs. If you still want the IC, please contact us on [email protected].

I would like to suggest you a good option.
How about if you go for a ATMega64A, FT232RL and a USB ISP programmer. Please drop an email to [email protected]. One of the sales guys will get in touch with you. We were only doing mass orders but very recently we have decided to supply individual orders too as a help to talented individuals in Sri Lanka.

Also Sandun, we do PCBs from layout designing to mass production. Lot of companies and individuals in Sri Lanka now uses our PCB service. We also offer multilayer mass production in our partner factory in China.

NOTE: when you write your email, please mention that you are coming from ROBOT.LK. So I can give your order high priority.

Edit: I have just gone through some of your posts to understand you better and thought to suggest this option as well. How about you go for a dsPIC such as dsPIC30F4011 and PICKIT3 programmer. dsPICs are very powerful. If you take the processor I suggested, it has a FPU with single cycle floating point divisions. If you have a plan to write a firmware to communicate with USB, you can have a FT232RL chip.

Okay, please write to [email protected]. I have already informed them that Sandun will contact ;)

Return to “Microcontrollers”