cmd file of Harvard architecture

DSP Topics
SukhdeepMankoo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: cmd file of Harvard architecture

Post by SukhdeepMankoo » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:42 pm

No, it has 128Mb SDRAM. yes i am planning to remove and will try to use only internal RAM.

One more question comes into my mind ,when i was reading that .out file should be converted to boot load table format.
how can i convert to boot load table format?
so that on burning of flash, dsp will start pick up code from external flash.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:17 pm

I think when you compile to COFF format (.out) with standard options the boot table is already there.
There should be a flashing utility that comes with the DSK. Use that to write the .out to your Flash.
After that, you will have to change the booting options (probably using jumpers) to boot from Flash as the Flashing software (that comes with the DSK) writes it to the correct boot address of Flash.

Just write a small program (Ex: LED flash), write it to flash and see whether it works.
SukhdeepMankoo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SukhdeepMankoo » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Thanks Neo,
But i have few doubts, when reading example. why do need to declare far before function name as well as in variables?
extern far void vectors(void);
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:23 pm

I'm wondering what advantage you'll get by adding "far" to a void returning function. Try define without it and see what different it makes in terms of function address.
The best memory model that fits most of the applications is far_aggregate model where it keeps aggregate data (arrays, structs) far and scalar data (pointers, integers etc.) near.

Read these article carefully.
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php ... ory_models
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php ... erformance

Return to “Digital Signal Processors”