.tables in cmd file of TMS320C6713

DSP Topics
SukhdeepMankoo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

.tables in cmd file of TMS320C6713

Post by SukhdeepMankoo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi,
I am looking at the example provided with CCS of TMS320C6713 Evaluation kit. I have seen that
.tables, what does it mean.

second thing, i am just taking an example to understand, how to tell linker about the memory map of target.suppose i have 64Kbyte of RAM and 1Mbyte of Flash connected with the target.the how will i tell the compiler about the which memory will be used for RAM and Flash. Kindly tell me it with an example.
Thanks.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: .tables in cmd file of TMS320C6713

Post by Neo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:11 am

Seems like a user defined memory section to me. I can't remember anything in that name as a standard identifier.

See whether you have any definition as below on your project CMD file.

Code: Select all

SECTIONS
{
    .tables       > SDRAM 
}
In source code, check whether you have directives like.

#pragma CODE_SECTION(func_name, ".tables")
OR

#pragma DATA_SECTION(array_name, ".tables")
Note that if you use DSP/BIOS, you will have two CMD files. One is the one attached to the project. The other is the one that generates from the DSP/BIOS. Ususally the one generated by DSP/BIOS is linked by the project CMD file. So you'll have to search on both files.

In a standard DSP/BIOS application, memory sections are defined by the DSP/BIOS. And sections are at the project CMD file. (Open DSP/BIOS and go to Memory to see your current configuration).

If you do not use DSP/BIOS, then you will have to define the memory sections by your own in your project CMD file using codes as below. (If you use a DSP/BIOS then notice following keywords in the DSP/BIOS's CMD file).

MEMORY {
   ISRAM       : origin = 0x8,         len = 0x1fff8
   SDRAM       : origin = 0x80000000,  len = 0x2000000
}
Since yours is a complicated DSP with a high speed CPU, I recommend you to use DSP/BIOS to experience the features like multi-tasking. DSP/BIOS can be disadvantageous if your processor doesn't have enough power to bare the extra load of a real-time kernal.
SukhdeepMankoo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: .tables in cmd file of TMS320C6713

Post by SukhdeepMankoo » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks Neo.

Return to “Digital Signal Processors”