Javascript is new C/C++?

Windows OS Specific Topics
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Javascript is new C/C++?

Post by SemiconductorCat » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:17 am

Hi all, many of you think that javascript is just a programming language which does not have a world beyond
the web browser. But it's wrong.

As I have already told you windows 8 is looks like a heaven for me.
It's look like a new android. It supports great look and feel , I do love it.

And the most important thing is , it's simplicity that they introduce to use their technology and able to
modify it and write easy and quick applications.

Javascript and HTML in stnadalone applications is a great idea which is exploited by windows 8 team.
Where now you could write windows applications in javascript and HTML. Bingo , say bye to the old
resource scripts. And very pain old resource generators. I'm not blaming the old win32 programming or
old development tools. But both are my friends. And most of the plus point is that javascript is not
somewhat introduced by microsoft, so hackers and computer enthusists are having a pretty open
and encouraged idea about the new technology.

Start Here:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 11385.aspx

And your applications will easily have many look and feel magic with CSS very very easily
, think about the hours that you spend on coding.Now it's simple as writing a simple
CSS fie.

Now it's safe to apply your Javascript/HTML knowledge to standalone application programming.

--Thanks for reading--
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Javascript is new C/C++?

Post by Neo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:07 am

Sandun... very good article.
But I think they intended to mean it as web aps. If you refer to Part 6 of the tutorial, it seems like the output still appears as a web page where it is represented with a blog reader.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:07 am

I have another good news for you people.
Strictly I do say learn javascript/HTML/CSS and C programming. You won't miss that in
future. Not in the web application world , but in the standalone application world.

Here , web OS have also following the same approach. enyo applications could be built easily
though the same way windows 8 uses javascript.

And webOS unlike Android, it's like a opened door. you could easily feel how it powerful very
soon.

Next is firefox OS. it also uses javascript to fontend graphics applications and this trend is
a good thing. User interfaces are going to be all javascript based in future.

And games and other high level graphics could be programmed using standard OpenGL.
evangilbort
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by evangilbort » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:22 am

I think this is very pretty exciting. This concepts apply to many environments and languages and its great to now to see standardization work happening in this area.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:02 pm

evangilbort wrote:I think this is very pretty exciting. This concepts apply to many environments and languages and its great to now to see standardization work happening in this area.
Sounds like it goes web development side when it comes to UI design. So your knowledge about HTML5 technologies
could be easily applicable to that. I have interest to be a C/C++ programmer but I do studies many web based technologies
during my BIT degree course. Now it's feel great to feel it's not a loss but it's always an advantage and glad to know that
it's not outdated at all and modern devices does use it.

Not only the windows 8, many have joined the club now. Few of them are.
1. Android.
2. Latest introducted Ubunthu Edge.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQLe3iIMN7k[/media]
3. HP web os.
4. Apple Ios.
5. Firefox OS.
[ https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... simulator/ ]

And etc many more embedded operating systems. I'm being enjoying this trend.
So yes learn web technologies, they are most probably the font ends of the future computing everywhere.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:59 pm

One thing I hate the most is the crap load of javascript that Google is using on almost all of their web applications. The functionality is great. But it slows down the whole computer. And sometimes crashes the browser. Even HTML5 new features require GPU acceleration. So, old computers won't be able to handle things like HTML5 canvas drawings.

HTML5/ CSS /JS are really not "programming" languages as I think. They are for UI designers. However, when a platform uses such technologies to develop apps for their platform, then it has a huge developer community from the inception.

Return to “Windows”