Windows 7 Administrator Privileges

Windows OS Specific Topics
Chathura
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Windows 7 Administrator Privileges

Post by Chathura » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Once I try to install a HSDPA dongle in windows 7, when i run the dongle software the connection didn't work. No errors just didn't connect...
when I run the same program as administrator it worked fine.
So each time when i connect to internet I have to run the program as administrator.......

Any explanations or suggests ??????????????????
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Windows 7 Administrator Privileges

Post by Saman » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:39 pm

It could be due to several reasons. One reason could be the driver you have installed is for Win XP or Vista. May be you would have run the installer as an administrator.

However you can always run this program as the administrator by right click->Compatibility->Put a tick to 'Run this program as an administrator' under 'privilege level'. With this you won't have to remember to run as administrator all the time.
Chathura
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Chathura » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Saman wrote:It could be due to several reasons. One reason could be the driver you have installed is for Win XP or Vista. May be you would have run the installer as an administrator.

However you can always run this program as the administrator by right click->Compatibility->Put a tick to 'Run this program as an administrator' under 'privilege level'. With this you won't have to remember to run as administrator all the time.
Thanks........... That worked.....
driver was for xp :)
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:16 pm

I have disabled whole UAC (User Access Control) in Windows 7. I do not want it since I am comfortable with what I am doing with my computer. :)

Return to “Windows”