Is only Microsoft Security Essentials Enough

Windows OS Specific Topics
Nipuna

Is only Microsoft Security Essentials Enough

Post by Nipuna » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Hello

I had been using Avast 6 Pro and Microsoft Security Essentials until today.

And I am Using Windows 7 Ultimate

2 Hours Ago, My PC stuck on Desktop, but I could Move mouse around.

Then I restarted using my PC's Restart Button because Windows didn't respond to Power button or anything only mouse was worked,but i couldn't even open My Computer icon.

Then I Booted into Safe-Mode And Uninstalled Avast. Then windows working well.

My Question is, Is Microsoft Security Essential Enough for My PC's Security?

I am Always using internet too.

Thanks
Herath
Major
Major

Re: Is only Microsoft Security Essentials Enough

Post by Herath » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:38 am

Since my computer is not mission critical, I am using only MSSE. It performs better than commercial antivirus solutions for me.

Being careful with what is downloaded from internet and MSSE enough for a normal user. But MSSE might not help if you install spyware in exchange of free smilies and stuff like that. :)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:40 am

Herath wrote:Since my computer is not mission critical, I am using only MSSE. It performs better than commercial antivirus solutions for me.

Being careful with what is downloaded from internet and MSSE enough for a normal user. But MSSE might not help if you install spyware in exchange of free smilies and stuff like that. :)
Thanks For the reply Dude.

I am Not Downloading Such stuff, I never Download Smilies of free Cursors. :)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:08 am

I'm using Avast! free version for many months now and happy with it. It has almost everything a home user needs. Give it a try as see how it goes. You would have to either register online or request a reg key over email.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks Friend

I was Using it when it was 4.8 and Then I got Professional Version You Know From Where :twisted:

And I already have a Key that I got to my Email and Some More Keys too. ;)

Avast Is Good But Now I am only Using MSE Because Of that above Problem and Now I see That Windows 7 is working More Quickly than when i had Avast. So I am Continuing MSE. I like Avast but Had to forget it because my computer is P4 and Can't do much works even if i have 2GB RAM.

It worked well with XP but to Install New Software I must Upgrade it to SP3 and after Upgrading it was Very Slow So I installed 7 and very satisfied with It.

By The Way Now I have a Router So Now I have Internet to Ubuntu and Windows so I can use Both Well.

But there is a Little Problem with Ubuntu fonts I will start New thread for that.
Here is that Thread https://robot.lk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2349

Thanks
Mysoogal
Captain
Captain

Post by Mysoogal » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:32 am

Microsoft Security Essentials is the only thing i have installed, i also removed java because there are smart coders that actually sign their virus and come across as legal so, its been honestly 2 years the last time i really hate a virus on xp or win 7, ubuntu and mint 9 is another story.

;)

install software from trusted websites download.com tucows.com, they should provide MD5 if not Ask the developer to add that on their website so you can check the Md5 if you downloaded from another site
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:24 am

Thanks for the Info Friend.

Return to “Windows”