Blue Screen with Prolink H9601c USB ADSL Modem

Windows OS Specific Topics
Nipuna

Blue Screen with Prolink H9601c USB ADSL Modem

Post by Nipuna » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:46 pm

I am Using Prolink H9601c USB ADSL Modem.

Some times one LED of my Modem,(The LED that Indicates about the Physical Line, I mean about Phone line Connection) Starts to Blink But in DSL status monitoring software it says Connection is OK. Internet isn't disconnecting also, But can't surf.
In Situations like this what i do is. Disconnect the Modem from my PC. After Unplugging the Modem system automatically shuts down and Show a Blue Screen with a message like this. "Dumping to Physical Memory 100% ........" This is not the Full message.

This is Happening all the times, Only some times. And This happened on XP and 7 too.

I've Upgraded to the latest driver too. But Prolink site don't have a latest drives they give 2007 drivers not new ones ;) they aren't updating them. So I blamed them via Emails too but No Use. :)
I think this is a Problem with the Device Driver. The Error Message says that too. And when Installing this Driver it says that "this isn't a Signed a Driver". But I install it because there is no any other option for me to use My Modem. And I think this Is the Problem. I know that Unsigned Drivers are Coursing Problems like this. :|

Is there any solution for this.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blue Screen

Post by Neo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:55 pm

Did you see the link at http://www.prolink2u.com/new/support/do ... ubmit=Okay ?
It seems it has a Nov 2008 driver.

BTW: I don't recommend anyone to use USB ADSL modems. Always try to use Ethernet based ADSL modems/routers. Most of the modems I know supports both USB and Ethernet. The main advantage in Ethernet is, there is no requirement of a driver. You simply talk to the web interface of the router/modem. Also I used both ProLink and US Robotics with many issues. Now I'm only using D-Link and I'm 100% happy with it.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:34 am

I recommended that Nipuna should buy a router regarding his Ubuntu issue. Anyway, how long is your ADSL line?.
Mine is 5km, and I use D-Link DSL-2540T. Very Satisfied with it. Here are my line status at 5km. Would like to see yours.

2 LOS errors for 3 days. :)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:19 am

Did you see the link at http://www.prolink2u.com/new/support/do ... ubmit=Okay ?
It seems it has a Nov 2008 driver.

BTW: I don't recommend anyone to use USB ADSL modems. Always try to use Ethernet based ADSL modems/routers. Most of the modems I know supports both USB and Ethernet. The main advantage in Ethernet is, there is no requirement of a driver. You simply talk to the web interface of the router/modem. Also I used both ProLink and US Robotics with many issues. Now I'm only using D-Link and I'm 100% happy with it.
But Neo, That Driver is 64 bit. I have only 32 bit OS.
I am thinking to buy a router.
How much will be a Modem or a Router like one you said?
I don't want to buy router now because i can work well this one but the problem is with Ubuntu. I will buy one after i buy Computer Table,Computer chair,LCD monitor and a Sub Woofer. :D
I recommended that Nipuna should buy a router regarding his Ubuntu issue. Anyway, how long is your ADSL line?.
Mine is 5km, and I use D-Link DSL-2540T. Very Satisfied with it. Here are my line status at 5km. Would like to see yours.
I think only 600M :D . I am at the nearest Phone center. It's not a Main center. Main center is at Avissawella wich is 21KM away from Here :D
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:20 am

But Is there any Help for my Problem :D

Thanks
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:35 pm

How much will be a Modem or a Router like one you said?
http://barclays.lk/bc/itemdesc.asp?ic=18123&eq=&Tp=
http://barclays.lk/bc/itemdesc.asp?ic=26182&eq=&Tp=
http://barclays.lk/bc/itemdesc.asp?ic=26226&eq=&Tp=

I prefer a router with [ADSL + Ethernet + Wireless] to [ADSL + Ethernet] one. Whenever the router has a Ethernet port, you can manage the router over web interface (Using your web browser). So you don't need any type of driver to get it working with an operating system. You just need to connect to your Ethernet port and set the gateway IP to you router.
I don't want to buy router now because i can work well this one but the problem is with Ubuntu. I will buy one after i buy Computer Table,Computer chair,LCD monitor and a Sub Woofer. :D
That means, until that you will have to settle down with what you have now :D
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Yes Neo. It Is. Because i have so many things to Buy. After all I have a Internet connection even on windows :)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:26 am

Is there any Solution for my Problem rather than buying a Router?

Thanks
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blue Screen with Prolink H9601c USB ADSL Modem

Post by Neo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:05 am

If you are not going to for a router/modem which can be operated/configured via Ethernet over a web interface.....

First, do you know how Linux guys behave? They open a terminal window and a browser from a side and experiment all possible commands until one work. If not, then start searching again... experiment with new search pages.... and so on. In simple terms, you will have to do loads of experiments yourself.

If you can find a person who's working with Ubuntu and same router, then you have a chance to see how he has worked it out. You may even try to find one over the internet using forums, blogs, fb, etc...

You may also enter the same questions you put here with a link to the topic in our forum (with f and t arguments) in ubuntu forum. See what they tell you and don't forget to close the topic here by putting the answer as they have given.

Other than these, it seems there is no solution for your problem under present circumstances.
Nipuna

Re: Blue Screen with Prolink H9601c USB ADSL Modem

Post by Nipuna » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:10 am

One Guy told me About eciadsl and it worked on Ubuntu 9.10 well. He is Haridu Perera. But It isn't working on Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10

I am Going to download another small linux distro and then Operate it via My Pen Drive and Install Eciadsl on it.

Let's Hope it will Work.

After all I am a Big Problem maker to you Guys ;)

Return to “Windows”