memory problem

Windows OS Specific Topics
Face
Major
Major

memory problem

Post by Face » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Friendz...

I got really big problem in my computer.Today i got a memory low warning in my C drive.
in my C drive i don't have more software.Just windows and some useful software only.but my memory is reducing.
I tried many ways to manage this.
* disk clean up
* defragmention
* tune up management
* Cleaned my Virus
* ect...
but still with the problem..One important thing to tell.I started watch TV online.I guess that may be the problem.is window takes those TV programs in memory.??????

and can you please help me to this..

my final option is to format the C drive...

soo I'm in hurry...
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: memory problem

Post by Neo » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Not enough information for me to get an idea.

Can you tell us how much free disk space you have on your C drive. This is the most important point.
It doesn't matter you are running on a 1TB HD but having free space of 1MB :D

Some programs can significantly slow down the throughput of the PC especially when those are designed to work in background. Some are getting loaded at boot time.
However I don't see any point in running such applications with having a low disk space warning.

Make sure you haven't enabled any option like background dumping where all the videos you watch are saved to HD from background.

Download HijackThis. This is a freeware. Install this and post the report so we can check whether you have any unwanted application or spyware running in background.

So, more information required from you...... :geek:
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:11 am

friend.

i have to format my c driver.yesterday morning I had 23GB.with out installing any thing evening I only had 900MB.
then I post my question to robot.lk.after few minutes I had only 500MB free memory in C.
Then it became 400MB & after few minutes 350MB.

then i have to format the computer..

That was my problem.

now also i have the same problem after format.It may be a virus?
or any other system error about memory?

can any one help me in this question.Please guys I'm really upset.I have lots of my education Stuff in my hard disk.what happen to me if I have to make a Full format HD.

I'm in really hurry...
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Okay. First thing don't panic.
We need to find out what causes the abnormal behaviours of your hard disk.
It can be a virus.
Can you install HijackThis as in my previous post and let me have the report as ASAP.

BR
Neo
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:03 pm

BR..
this damn thing is confusing me...
I have to format my hard disk second time again.
Oh god...today also same..i backup my important files & Docs make a full format to get rid from this thing.
now it is solved.But brother I used kasperSky ....Then Avast....Then Avira...
they couldn't find that....?

Now my new problem is what is the Virus guard to use in the future.?
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:09 pm

You must use a virus guard and a spyware tool in combination. I recommend following tools.
  • ESET Smart Security or ESET Anti-Virus
  • Malwarebytes anti-malware
You would have run HijackThis and try to find unwanted applications. I suspect it is a spyware as these days viruses are not much popular.
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Thank you BRO..!!!
for your help for my problem...
I will follow your ideas.I don't have many options now.
So BRO I will use those software as you told me..
Please give some Ideas to protect my computer from these threats...What are the software I should use with virus guards..??
What are important software I should use to keep my computer in good health...???
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:00 pm

I think there is a particular topic under General -> Virus....
I clearly stated that I recommend ESET products for anti-virus. Secondly Malwarebytes anti-malware is a very good tool to protect against spyware, adware, etc....
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 pm

* ESET Smart Security or ESET Anti-Virus
* Malwarebytes anti-malware
is it enough to keep my computer in good health??...If you know any other important software that I can use to protect my PC..give me some names of those software & ideas to how to use them in better way...

By the way thanks BRO..Now I feel EXPERTCORE as one of my family member who helps me in my every technology problem i have...
Thanks for every thing you did.

BR
G-sparkZ
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:25 am

I use following tools as when necessary. Just a brief description is added.
  1. Always use HijackThis to find out the applications that are running in background. I use this ones a month to make sure my PC is clean from unnecessary applications.
  2. I use Diskeeper 2010 - This defrag the hard disk from background and the system is guaranteed to run in optimal speed always.
  3. I use CommView to see the network activity of my network cards. So if there is any unusual network activity, I can see what programs are tryign to go to internet, etc...
  4. I already told you about ESET Smart Security and Malwarebytes anti-malware
  5. I use Registry Mechanic to keep my registry clean
  6. SpeedUpMyPC to see whether there is any chance of improvement from software side including registry optimisation
  7. Iarsn Task Info is a great application that can detect all application activity on Windows
  8. WinUtilities is a great bundle of software that can be used to recover files, etc...
  9. WinHex - Sector level disk editor. When I see disk problems that can't be sorted out by OS, we can do that with this nice piece of tool
  10. PE Explorer is a nice disassembler tool to analyse Executable files in Windows (EXE, DLL, OCX, etc..). If there is any suspicious file, I used to analyse it using this tool for fun :)

Return to “Windows”