A mistake to windows xp.

Windows OS Specific Topics
Rksk
Major
Major

A mistake to windows xp.

Post by Rksk » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:19 pm

I show a large mistake in windows xp.

One day I formated my Kingston 2GB pendrive using SecureTraveler (comes with the product).
After formating automatically copied a copy of SecureTraveler to the pendrive. but windows shows "used space: 0 bytes".

Then I deleted the copy of SecureTraveler. Now windows shows "used space: -950272".

It is a real joke in windows.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
oops.JPG
oops.JPG (29.05 KiB) Viewed 4657 times
Face
Major
Major

Re: A mistake to windows xp.

Post by Face » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:36 pm

nice......
even genius have mistakes..
heheeeeee
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:08 pm

I faced similar problems when I was experimenting my format routine for an embedded file system. This is 99% a bug in the Kingston SecureTraveler or there is a virus in your system.

I have used Windows format on my 128 MB to 16 GB pen drives, Compact Flash and SD cards and I have never seen such problems. I know there is an issue that Windows format reduce your actual disk space after format. But still I'm happy with Windows format.

Can you format the pen drive with windows format, do the same operation and let us see a screenshot to believe that as a windows bug. (Also tell us your disk size, any custom settings you made to the format program, etc...).

If you can't reproduce this with Windows format, then we would better rename the topic as "Error in format function in Kingston SecureTraveler" ;) .
Rksk
Major
Major

Post by Rksk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:43 pm

I show this bug only one time.

Return to “Windows”