MBR - Windows 7 - Windows XP - Need Help - ASAP

Windows OS Specific Topics
Neofriend
Captain
Captain

MBR - Windows 7 - Windows XP - Need Help - ASAP

Post by Neofriend » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:00 pm

I've been using Windows 7 and I wanted to have windows XP too.

Now while doing that I did a big mistake, somehow windows 7 is not booting now and am only left with windows xp.

Some people told me that its master boot record issue and that needs to be fixed, so everything will be as it was.

Actually I have two hard disks, one of 120GB and other of 300GB. Now I have windows xp in Gdrive and windows 7 in EDrive.

I have 64bit windows 7, heard of mbrFix64.exe that can correct this problem. Anyone knows how to solve this?

As I have very limited time and need to submit the project in 4 days. So its kinda urgent issue :(
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MBR - Windows 7 - Windows XP - Need Help - ASAP

Post by Neo » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:38 pm

First try this method.

If it is not working then download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs and give it a try.
Neofriend
Captain
Captain

Post by Neofriend » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:27 am

Am sure am doing something wrong, but knowing how much less time I have. Its driving me nuts, no success yet.

Sometimes its so.... like I've completed my project with most of the features nicely which worked. And suddenly... these problems, with this resolution issues and what not..... I hope the project is gonna be fine as i have around 5 more days to go, to finally complete everything and just forget about adding anymore features.

Take care.
Neofriend
Captain
Captain

Post by Neofriend » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:45 am

Seems like the deadline is delayed for some unknown reason.

Well, a good news is as I have some more time now. Besides, the bad news is I've lost my Windows 7 and all the software with complete environment.

For some reason, Windows 7 is not even installing again. Its making me feel bad but anything for the sake of project. Am going to my friends place to do all these.

Thanks Neo for helping though.

Return to “Windows”