Copying files over Wi-Fi

General Discussions
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Copying files over Wi-Fi

Post by SemiconductorCat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:46 am

according to the wifi specification it's said that 802.11/g could go up to 134Mbits/s. And yes I have configured
it to 802.11n standard and 40Mhz band.

But when I copying files to a wifi cloud it tooks too much time and lacks the performance that I expected.

What had gone wrong in here ?

And I got 3 out of 5 signal bars too. I know that sounds in decibel and exponential log form. But the thing is even that's the case there should be more speed than this. This is even less than a one megabyte per second.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Copying files over Wi-Fi

Post by Neo » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:47 pm

So this is about 4 Mbits/s which is slow as you said.Having 3 out of 5 signal bars in not too good, so that could be the issue. Having low signal strength is associated with the low bandwidth you have. Is the net drive that you copy local or in the internet ? If it is local, then I do see an issue. If it is internet, then you will need to check the internet bandwidth as well.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Re: Copying files over Wi-Fi

Post by SemiconductorCat » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:43 pm

Neo wrote:So this is about 4 Mbits/s which is slow as you said.Having 3 out of 5 signal bars in not too good, so that could be the issue. Having low signal strength is associated with the low bandwidth you have. Is the net drive that you copy local or in the internet ? If it is local, then I do see an issue. If it is internet, then you will need to check the internet bandwidth as well.

The cloud is a local android cloud.
It's connected to the router through a cat5 ethernet cable.
So I should except more speed than this.

>> having 3 out of 5 signal bars is not good, so that could be the issue.

So any software which I could used to check this out ?
I mean what is the error packet ratio and the SNR ratio on windows. On linux I know how to do this, but this is fine in linux.

Return to “General Discussions”