Lowest gravity on Earth found in Sri Lanka

General Discussions
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lowest gravity on Earth found in Sri Lanka

Post by Neo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Here is a very special news to all the brothers and sisters of Sri Lanka. When we were small we were told that the most gracious country in the world in Sri Lanka by our parents. This was came through generations by generations since the BC era of history. We were also told, Sri Lanka is in the middle of the Earth.

When we started learning so called western knowledge such as physics, mathematics, etc... some of the ideas that we believed in childhood has mostly gone or at least smoothed off. We came to belief that our ancestors were coming from an uneducated background where they have exaggerate on their motherland without facts.

However, now things are turning out in completely a different way where we have to rethink on what we have been taught by those parrots in universities.

Here is the story begins... This is about the finding of mission grace.

Some people thought that the lowest gravity on Earth would be on the highest peaks such as mount Everest. And some people predicted it could be at the centre of the Earth which no man can even think of landing. The place with lowest gravity can be thought of the centre of Earth (The Earth that we know is the surface). The best place for all space missions as the requirement of pulling power on rockets would be lowest in that region. Not only that, it would be the best place for extra terrestrials. When the gravity is low, the issue due to friction of air could be better controlled which makes it the best place for landing. Now let's move on to the scientific research on this subject.

GRACE is a joint partnership between the NASA in the United States and Deutsche Forschungsanstalt fur Luft und Raumfahrt (DLR) in Germany. Dr. Byron Tapley of The University of Texas Center for Space Research (UTCSR) is the Principal Investigator (PI), and Dr. Christoph Reigber of the GeoForschungsZentrum (GFZ) Potsdam is the Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI). Project management and systems engineering activities are carried out by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

The primary goal of the GRACE mission is to accurately map variations in the Earth's gravity field over its 5-year lifetime. The GRACE mission has two identical spacecrafts flying about 220 kilometers apart in a polar orbit 500 kilometers above the Earth.

It maps the Earth's gravity fields by making accurate measurements of the distance between the two satellites, using geodetic quality Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers and a microwave ranging system. This provides scientists from all over the world with an efficient and cost-effective way to map the Earth's gravity fields with unprecedented accuracy. The results from this mission yield crucial information about the distribution and flow of mass within the Earth and it's surroundings.

The result was this.
Earth is not a perfect sphere as we all know. But I never thought it is with this abnormal shape when the ocean is removed. Looks a bit scary.
Source: http://www.csr.utexas.edu/grace/gallery ... d_gravity/

Source: http://www.csr.utexas.edu/grace/gallery ... geoid.html

Source: http://www.csr.utexas.edu/grace/gallery ... _asia.html

European Space Agency Page
http://www.esa.int/esaCP/SEMQC9VTLKG_index_0.html

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwRTIUhKfQM[/media]

Wikipedia: It is a shame to forget mentioning about "Sri Lanka" on that article even when the pictures say the story.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_of_Earth

It is up to you to decide on the idea of our ancestors about the centre of Earth is indeed Sri Lanka. Best place for universal expeditions, best place for extraterrestrials (Aliens) to land or in other worlds the place which is close to heavens. Now it is time to rethink about the "Dandumonara yanthraya" or King Ravana's (who lived in about 5000BC) aviation technology.

According to the Bible and Kuran, Adam's peak (We call it Sripada as Load Buddha had marked his foot print on a precious stone) is known as a the place where god placed Adam to this world who is his first creation. Our ancestors believed that the Adam's peak (Sripada) is a peak which touches the heaven. One day we all have to get together and try to find the truth. It is time for all the scientists around the world to visit this glorious holy land and start research on revealing the truth. It seems there is no need to spend millions on space expeditions when the truth is already here.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lowest gravity on Earth found in Sri Lanka

Post by Neo » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:08 pm

Another related report.... This is simply truly unbeliavable.

Dr. Arther C. Clerk (we all know his as the father of satellites and for clerk circle which satellites are stationed) had written a book called The_Fountains_of_Paradise and it says about a low gravity point at the Sripada (Adams peak) to deliver goods to Space Travelers, etc... How could this has become a reality this soon. This book was written in 1979 and the GRACE found Sri Lanka is the lowest point of gravity on Earth by 2003 or somewhere close to that. I can't understand how did Dr. Arthur C. Clerk predicted that. Can he be a person with extra terrestrial powers? No idea... Still lot of things to happen...
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 am

pavithra

Post by pavithra » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:58 am

this is the reason why my weight show less than I thought :mrgreen:
cham

Post by cham » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:11 am

Dear Friends,

Its very interesting wt u'v found. It seems there's something special about our country.

But I really like to advise, pls be careful how u interpret it.

We are indeed a great nation. And I believe u guys love d country alot too (unlike most of our ppl).

But does this say anything related to that? Does this 'low gravity phenominon' say anything about sri lanka is the greatest nation of world?

Please dont get overwealmed by these kind of facts.

We are a great nation bcoz of the values we have. becoz of d values we have rooted to Buddhism.

Please consider :

1. Does being low in gravity imply its easy to land for extraterrestrials? I'm no Astronomist. But I'm sure there's more to do with the easyness of landing than being the lowest gravity.
2. According to map, it seems Maldives has even lower gravity than sri lanka.

Please don't get overwhelmed and overlook these important points guys. Be carefull.. there are lots of ppl who want to laugh @ us.

May Tripel Gem bless u.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:13 pm

While agreeing on most of the points in your posts, there are two questions that I must give you an answer.
1. Does being low in gravity imply its easy to land for extraterrestrials? I'm no Astronomist. But I'm sure there's more to do with the easyness of landing than being the lowest gravity.
Of cause yes. Gravity is the BIGGEST issue in take off and landing. Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_turn for information on this regard. Basically when the gravity is low, less power (fuel) is required for both landing and take off. If you can save 500 liters through this, that's a big advantage.
2. According to map, it seems Maldives has even lower gravity than sri lanka.
No, the exact spot of lowest gravity is found in the Southern see of Sri Lanka. So it is not belongs to Maldives clearly.

Still the scientists are not 100% clear on this phenomenon. Earlier they believed the lowest gravity is found on peaks such as on mount Everest.

Return to “General Discussions”