Fill Me Up about BIT Classes

General Discussions
Nipuna

Fill Me Up about BIT Classes

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Hello.

After Facing to BIT Semester 2 Exam I will think will I join BIT classes or Not. Most Probably I will.

So Tell Me what are the Best Institutes to Join ?

And Are They Good in Learning and the Other Things(Buildings, Conditions and many more you Know )? And What are they Teaching more than the BIT VLE ?(That's the one I really need to know)

The Other Most Important thing are the Fees. Tell me about this too. How much days do they hold Classes in a Week

If some one can Show me Info about what do they Learn it will be very good to me to Understand about Classes(Do they Teach Nicely like in Schools ? ) :|

And Also tell me in Which Language do they Teach? English or Sinhala ?

Please Some one Give me Complete Detail about these All. I really need to Know

Everyone tell Me Everything you Know.

Thanks
Last edited by Nipuna on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Face
Major
Major

Re: Fill Me Up about BIT Classes

Post by Face » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:08 pm

ENIGMA is the Ideal man to help us nIPUNaa :D
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:19 pm

Yes. I was going to give this link to him in Gtalk but he was away so I didn't. I gave It now :)

And The others have Ideas For Sure too.
Enigma
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Enigma » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:06 pm

guys

As far as I know there are two major insittutes . Esoft and Matrix. I have started my 2nd year with the Esoft and the final year with the Matrix. Both of the institutes has best lecturers.
And Are They Good in Learning and the Other Things(Buildings, Conditions and many more you Know )?
Both of them has AC lecture rooms and they used projectors for their lectures. Basically room conditions are not bad. Also they provide study materials (books,papers..) for each subject . These are based on the recommended books.So no need to worry about getting the recommended book for each subjects.
And What are they Teaching more than the BIT VLE ?(That's the one I really need to know)
Well they teach whats the VLE teaches you.Because its the syllabus. Some times they use VLE notes for their lecturing. The benefit that your are getting is, say you are doing self study. Then you need figure out every thing by your self. There are some subjects that you can do by self studying. But there are some that you need to go for help (maths in your case Nipuna). Also this is a semester based degree program. So you don't have much time to study. As you know there is a final year project for BIT. For that also you need the assistance. So attending for classes will make your life easier.
The Other Most Important thing are the Fees. Tell me about this too. How much days do they hold Classes in a Week
Check these links
Esoft - http://www.esoft.lk/course-BIT.php
Materix -http://www.matrix-edu.com/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=15
for the fees and other info give them a call.
They use English for their lecturing.

There are some other institutes as well. IDM is one of the institute like that. Since I haven't attended to those I can't say much about them.

Finally this my personal opinion about the BIT classes and the institutes. Others may have different opinion about this.

Enigma,
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Thank you Very Much Friend. Really Thanks :)

Others are Also Welcome to Help Me :)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:18 pm

By The Way. I can't go to Classes on Sundays but can on other days.
Last edited by Nipuna on Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:18 pm

After Facing to BIT Semester 2 Exam I will think will I join BIT classes or Not. Most Probably I will.
I told you about this before. It is not easy for anybody to do BIT only by self studying. Only thing is you always wanted to do only self studies. Anyway it is good that you understood finally.
So Tell Me what are the Best Institutes to Join ?
I guess ESOFT is a good place. I remember they have the students with top results for many years now. IDM is also doing good.
And Are They Good in Learning and the Other Things(Buildings, Conditions and many more you Know )? And What are they Teaching more than the BIT VLE ?(That's the one I really need to know)
Normally almost everybody are covering the BIT syllabus. I guess ESOFT produced the best results for past few years.
ESOFT
Part Time : Per Semester Fee Rs. 24,000
Full Time: Rs. 227,000
I have taken these info from: http://www.esoft.lk/course-BIT.php
Just give a call and take more information.

IDM - 22,000/= per semester I guess.
If some one can Show me Info about what do they Learn it will be very good to me to Understand about Classes(Do they Teach Nicely like in Schools ? ) :|
I guess so. However since they have no responsibility of you unlike in an internal degree (or school), you have the 100% responsibility in getting it. So you have to ask questions after classes, etc...
I guess English. For a degree which the papers are given in English I don't see any point in teaching in Sinhala. Unlike a school, there will be students who speak other languages so something common should be used.
ENIGMA is the Ideal man to help us nIPUNaa :D
I remember he has done SLIIT, right? They have in-house lecturers so they don't want to go to outside classes. I think Herath is doing BIT in addition to his general degree, right?
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:24 pm

As I said before I can't go to classes on Sundays to they have classes in other days ?

Oops You are Wrong Neo. :)

Herath did his Course in SLITT and in a Local Campus too. He told me he still have his Final year of SLITT left since He doesn't have time because of the University Degree.

And Enigma is Doing BIT.

Oh! and another Things. Buy Going to a Class will I able to learn Programing well ? Since it is in BIT Syllabus.

Thanks
Enigma
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Enigma » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:27 pm

I completely agree with Neo. It is very much difficult to do a degree with self studying only. I did my first year by self studying. BUT I had lots of friends to help me out. Besides those days I was doing my Bsc. So I had the necessary resources for this.
By The Way. I can't go to Classes on Sundays but can on other days.
I think they are having a weekday batch. Give them a call and see.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:40 pm

As I said before I can't go to classes on Sundays to they have classes in other days ?
You need to place a call and ask them.
The other point is, what are you doing on Sundays?. Do you have to do cooking, washing cloths, baby sitting, etc... :)
Don't tell me that you have martial arts classes right :lol:
Anyway give your 100% for the degree. According to what have heard from several youngsters, BIT wasn't easy for many.
Oops You are Wrong Neo. :)

Herath did his Course in SLITT and in a Local Campus too. He told me he still have his Final year of SLITT left since He doesn't have time because of the University Degree.

And Enigma is Doing BIT.
Ohhh. Forgive me for my bad memory. My brain wires go short circuit sometimes :lol:
I was talking to Enigma recently but I remember he told me about SLIIT. Anyway, I didn't know that Herath is doing SLIIT. Herath, as an internal student of UoC, you would have done BIT, is the UoC became that worst to you :)
Also I have a friend of mine who did MIT after completing his general physical science degree. I guess it is possible.
Oh! and another Things. Buy Going to a Class will I able to learn Programing well ? Since it is in BIT Syllabus.
Yes, you will learn about methods. Having knowledge doesn't mean that you have the ability to apply it. That comes with expereince. To become a professional programmer, you will have to live with it by applying your knowledge for several years. Number of years depend on your knowledge, ability and dedication. I know people who have Masters with several years of expereince who can't write something correctly.. They just came to the field to earn money, not because they love to work with computers.

So don't worry about that. After BIT, you will know everything to become a programmer. Since you love the field, I'm sure in few years, you will become a fully fledged professional developer.

Return to “General Discussions”