Fill Me Up about BIT Classes

General Discussions
Nipuna

Re: Fill Me Up about BIT Classes

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Yes, Martial Arts class is on Sundays. :) I really need to do that. Since it Gains My Courage and my Strength. And Also Remove my Laziness. I went to MA class Last Sunday And did Exercises and Now My Laziness is Gone by Doing Exercises. I really need that if not i will become Lazy gain by Siting all the day. :)

I will try to find Saturday or a week Day.

I will call and Do everything after mt Semester 2 Exam in July 30 and 31. Everything is After that. I don't want to call now and get into a Confusion yet. :|
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Neo wrote:
Herath, as an internal student of UoC, you would have done BIT, is the UoC became that worst to you :)
I am at SJP. :D . Not UoC
What I am planning is to transfer to a foreign university from SLIIT. I have completed courses that I should do at SLIIT. Now it is time for the transfer. But this university degree is holding everything back. I am home these days due the ongoing strike and mom is saying that I should have continued with the SLIIT without wasting time on university. And it is boring too.
And I do not have any plan to work with any Sri Lankan university again. :lol:
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:42 pm

I am at SJP. :D . Not UoC
Herath, I really thought you are from UoC. I'm not saying UoC is good just because I'm from there. Just ask from anybody. UoC is superb. Basically the attitude of UoC students is very good. No strikes, no revolution...nothing.. all focused on education, sports and fun :) . Even though I passed for UoM to do engineering I had chosen UoC just becuase I want to live in that beautiful environment. I still feel the nice experiences I had with my fantastic friends.
Just like the others, university life was a superb expereince for me. I have lots of nice memories. I can see the same attitude form the new comers as well. I don't know the real reason for this.

My impression on SJP is very low to be honest. I remember few innocent students got killed due to politics there as well? I hate student politics. They waste public money. I'm totally with Hon. SB for restructuring universities, leadership training (this will boost their attitude), take foreign students, start private universities so every student can enter, etc... Universities should not produce terrorists. Those should produce civilised people who will work tirelessly for the development of the country.

There isn't anything like in SJP in Science Faculty/UoC. Basically we were having a fantastic relationship with our lecturers. We were like friends. We discussed matters. We did lots of research and development. Almost all lecturers in Dept. of CS (Now UCSC) speak in English with students. Especially late Prof. samaranayaka (Known as the father of computing in Sri Lanka), Prof. Kodikara, Dr. Ruwan Weerasinghe, Dr. Nalin Ranasinghe, Dr. Damith, Prof. Gihan Wicramanayake, Dr. Ajantha Athukorale, Dr. Kasun, etc... list never ends... These people have never thought of money. They all worked hard to give a nice future to us. Students also tends to speak in English because of this. We had lots of tamil students in the faculty so there wasn't any other way. This culture has helped UoC to maintain a high standard and recognised as the best university in Sri Lanka.

I was really confused when you say that you are upset with your university life just becuase I really thought you are from UoC. Since you are from SJP, I agree with you completely. And I agree 100% with your decision to do SLIIT. If I met you before I would have told this to you and ask you to do BIT and then MIT in UoC.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Gave Up this Exam.

I am not a Giving up person but i had to for this Exam.

I placed an Inquiry in ESOFT website and I will call BIT office tomorrow to find out about Reregistration.

You are 100% right Neo. I would have listened to you. If I did I wouldn't post this. :(

If I won't get Freelance works it would be a Problem to my Class fees. It's bothering me a Lot :?

And going to classes take me about 5 Hours per a Day not for the class but for going and coming back home, And it's an another problem too. But since it's only day i think it won't be a Problem
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Gave Up this Exam.
I'm shocked and feeling so sad on you :shock:
In my life, I have never done these things. My advise for you is to take life seriously. Nothing is easy in this life.

You will have to give your 100% for education at this time. My only wish is to see all our members live a good life one day.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Yes I knew you would say this. But I have to aging anyway since it's hard to get Good marks for all Subjects to go to second year(Mostly Math).

I think going to a class will Help me to Do a Good Job by Educating myself well without half knowledge witch is now i have.
Enigma
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Enigma » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Yesterday also I told you about this Nipuna. Listen to what Neo saying. Take the life seriously. If you give up now you will have to wait another whole year to sit for that exam. You still have time. You can do it buddy. Just give your 100% for it.
Also NEVER GIVE UP on anything in your life. If you do, you will have nothing but regrets.

Good luck
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Thanks Friend.

But if i made a decision it means i made it and never change it. Only few times i did that. I tried MySQL videos tutorials i found and then tried BIT pass Parers. I could only answer 1 question well then My whole courage i made yesterday had gone. I fed up every thing :(

Everything you said and Neo said came to my Mind over and over. :( I haven't got miserable anytime before. :(

Then Decided to Join class and Restart from the beginning. I also feel bad about the whole year I missed.

Now I understand I am not a clever person just a regular jerk :(
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 pm

I have also went through such a tough time when managing 7days of lecturing. Work at university did not won my attention at all (The main reason was that I wanted to run home every weekend. I still can't handle having to live in a city. So I worked on SLIIT stuff on weekdays :D). I still like (i mean love) it if I could forget about that thing and run far away from it.
I only looked at university stuff when the exam is just around the corner. :D . I felt the same thing when I was looking at the past papers then. Then I decided to give up on some of them. I just can't get crazy over a degree without admitting that I just can't do it. Now I am doing those missed parts of the degree and I am quite happy now. The worst thing that would happen if I do not get that degree is that simply I won't have that degree. :lol: , But if I am going to die working for that I am not going to enjoy the time I have.

The world is not friendly at all. It shows you $$ and drain every bit of strength out of your muscles. If I can't get that degree, I still have SLIIT degree. If that is not going to be good enough to get a job, I will start a farm. :yahoo: . That could be fun!

So, do not be so pressed and depressed on doing the exam. Life is like that. You can attempt doing some papers that you feel good about. I guess that you will not have to do all of the papers at a single sitting (single attempt).

I am not so good on giving advices. You must be feeling down. Just wanted to give you some relieving words. Just chill!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqQn2ADZE1A[/media]
(Song has no relation with anything. :D)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Now I understand I am not a clever person just a regular jerk :(
Clever, intelligent like words are having a relative meaning. If I say I'm clever, then their exist another person who's clever than me. If that person says he is clever, then there exist another person who's even cleverer than him and so on. According my knowledge in Buddhism, wisdom (or pure intelligence) can only be achieved by becoming a Fully Self Enlightened Buddha (Samma Sambudu). So don't worry about those words. Just be as you are and always remember that you are another beautiful & marvellous living being in this universe.

Give 100% concentration to the subject when you are studying. There is nothing you can't understand when you do that. All these things are invented/discovered by humans just like us. So there is no reason for us not to understand. If you can't understand anything, ask from your teacher and get it cleared.

Since there are lots of people who can help you in ROBOT.LK, I'm wondering why you are not thinking to continue. I'm not pushing you to change the decision. But just think and discuss a lot with people like Enigma, Herath, etc... I'm sure they will never leave you. ROBOT.LK will do everything possible.

Others, participate actively here. Nipuna needs some advises from you guys. Enigma, do you know any problem which Nipuna has to face if he fails the exam? Unlike A/Ls, I guess this is no problem right, he can sit unlimited times until he pass?

Small Buddhist Story
=================
Last weekend, I participated to a Dhamma discussion in our village temple (where my dad plays a leading role in the dayaka committee). It was about Pragna.
Pragna is the forth of the ten paramitas (perfections) in the Buddhist concept in following the Bodhisattva path. It is referred as “wisdom” or “understanding”, that is able to extinguish afflictions and bring enlightenment. Simply stated, it is the field of pure consciousness beyond concepts, beliefs and imaginations.
After the discussion, people were asked to discuss their matters and all of a sudden a very senior committee member called me by my name and asked What is your idea about Pragna?. Though I don't like to discuss Buddhism in public since I'm not meditating to achieve nibbhana at the moment. If I discuss, it will be like a person who carries a boat (dhamma) in head which was built to cross the river (samsara). However since I was asked, I had to give an answer.
You can learn lot of things and increase your knowledge in many fields. Some name themselves as so educated, so intelligent, so knowledgeable, so and so. But can anyone of them remember any of these names they had in their past life? NO. It is because all these words we use to name things, people, etc.. are just names. There is no permanent being (I or myself) to carry (Anatma).

Pragna is similarly variable in us. However we can practice dhamma and improve our level of Prajna as taught by our Lord Buddha, 'The Teacher of The Three Worlds' (Humans, Gods and Brahmas). It is something that you need to improve through meditation. You have to practice the Noble Eightfold Path with the knowledge of Four Noble Truths..........
I guess you can now understand the point I have explained all these things. There is nothing called clever or intelligent. Just relative names we use to specifically mention someone (who is really not exists becuase there is nothing called I or me). All these things are just words we use to name things. Just like you name a tree as a mango tree.

Lord Buddha's advise to us is this.
Don't live in the past which had already been passed, you can't take anything back.
Don't live in your dreams on future because it is yet to come, we can't say even we will live.
Live in present meaningfully. Don't waste time because life is uncertain. Get the maximum use of present moment.
Its fundamental beliefs are that ‘life is impermanent or uncertain, life is suffering from ignorance, and life is without a permanent entity or self’. Life is uncertain, but one thing the Buddha taught the world ‘Life is in your hands, you can rule your life. Don’t give your life into other people’s hands’ and he added, “Human beings have an ability to develop their lives, to overcome their own problem or suffering”. Should we believe in someone whom we do not know, or should we believe in the great teacher? This question we have to consider and answer.
So it is clear that we have to decide now. We have to take the challenge to live in present meaningfully. When we practices this, we will realise how meaningful to live every moment in life with mindfulness. This is called Yoniso Manasikaraya (In Sathara Sathipattanaya) which will lead us to achieve enlightenment (Nibbhana).

Return to “General Discussions”