SLT ADSL

General Discussions
SevenZero
Major
Major

Re: SLT ADSL

Post by SevenZero » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:49 pm

First, I was neither trusting nor suspecting you. Just guessed that you were detected as a heavy user by SLT and this is what you are experiencing with your slow connection.
limit to 20GB
This is very good news. But I suspect SLT has enough bandwidth to manage this. I heard SLT had sold some of their bandwidth underhand which made them in to this trouble. However TRC will take action against these people.

The point I wanted to emphasis was, if you use the ADSL Home connection for anything other than education or earning money through freelancing, etc..., it is a waste of money to the country. If you are not paying the telephone bill then you waste your parent's money too. So we all have to understand that we have to use internet for useful purposes.
You are an official here. So, talking against you is nothing else other than risking my membership
Admin here is not a fool to do so. So don't hesitate to express your ideas and suggestions openly.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:40 pm

Thanks friend for Trusting me. :)

I do freelance and I pay Phone bill and Internet Bill without bothering My Parents.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:56 pm

ehem...
do you guys want to hear my statistics?. :p
i can't believe if i ever had to live on a 1GB connection. i do torrents. but not that much now.as i can remember my last months usage is 14GB (UP+DOWN)
this months usage is 2GB. i know that this is shared. but i use youtube a lot. for music, lecture videos and hobbyist project demonstrations etc. and i use skype, IM. my computer is running for most of the day.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:05 pm

oh. forgot to say another thing too. i use google map maker a lot. i am mapping my area (kurunegala district). i do not use offline map tiles.so bandwidth usage is high.when i do not have much study works to do, i do mapping. i might be wasting my time. but im doing this to have good maps for our country.

Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:15 pm

TRC called me last Friday and Told me that I've used 27GB in September. i told them i might use such because i did so many downloads at that month because it is the month that i switched to Home package. :D

Then I also told them i didn't use that much after September. Then I was working on My PC after about 3 Hours. I decided to check the Speed. Hey what do you Know It was back to Normal :)

But i didn't tell you guys because i checked Until today will it be same as this in the future.

It didn't Change and Speed is Better than before. Youtube Videos Plays well.

Today TRC called me again and told me they told SLT to Correct My problem and Don't Download Much and Reduce using torrents. They told me this happened Because of torrent using. Wait some more days without Using torrent Much. they will discuss about this and make a decision.

And also told me they will Set a Limit about 20GB.

Thanks for Help friend because of you Guys I was able to Correct this. Specially Saman Gave me the TRC info.
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Okay... I think you should immediately write to the same email address and convey your gratitude towards all people who helped you.

So they know that SLT has corrected your problem + you are a person with good human qualities like appreciating someone who helped you.
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:55 pm

:D
That's cool. but my connection never had problems with youtube. google online services work very well. only problem i am having is issues with skype.
i downloaded 2 torents of 1.9GB for last month. others are normal use. this month i wont exceed at least 8gb.since i am not home.

Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Saman wrote:Okay... I think you should immediately write to the same email address and convey your gratitude towards all people who helped you.

So they know that SLT has corrected your problem + you are a person with good human qualities like appreciating someone who helped you.
Yes. Thanks for reminding Me. I will do that. I thanked the Person who called me Today. But I will send emails also
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:24 pm

I sent Two Emails.

One to Mr Anusha Palpita

The other one to Mr Sanath Siriwardana. He contacted me and asked my Problem and corrected my Problem within a week.
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:18 pm

See Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) ADSL packages 2011.

WHO CAN COMPETE WITH SLT NOW? :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”