SLT ADSL

General Discussions
Herath
Major
Major

Re: SLT ADSL

Post by Herath » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:56 am

SLT is sooooo haw.......t at this time of the day (1.40AM, oh gotta sleep). Lookeeeee :P

This is to hong-kong. Possible after getting through their mass relay of firewalls. Wonder if Sri Lanka is gonna do the same for us. :?

Few tests. What else can I expect on a shared connection? :mrgreen: . Slow during day time. But overall, its the best in Sri Lanka.

I like If I could reduce the image size. Dunno how to do that at the moment.
Mysoogal
Captain
Captain

Post by Mysoogal » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:20 am

looking at those speeds i seriously feel sorry for you guys, :o if you only know the freedom high speed broadband provides everything you thought about is at your finger tips when you have good broadband, i believe anybody that has such low standards of Internet access should go into the government buildings and put a giant poster demanding Fiber Internet access, there are parts of Europe and Asia and most of the world with very sub standard connections i seriously would spend my entire billions if i was actually a billionaire on building a fiber cable that runs all over the planet , there should be a global Internet access law where nobody no country should be allowed to have these ridicules connections for sale.

go demand 100mbit ! these companies just love to milk you into the grave with each passing day :mrgreen:
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:32 pm

This is 512kbps connection. And the speeds are mentioned in Mbps. It ain't that bad for me ;) (Please do not call it low standards :( ). As for my knowledge, almost all ISPs throttle heavy users to provide good speeds for their customers of high priorities.

And sometimes it is best to settle down with what you have on hand. There are people who do not have enough money even to buy food and cloths.

Having everything at my finger tips shouldn't mean pirating copyrighted material. I am trying to reduce my pirated material usage. :)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:48 pm

Why I am Complaining is, This worked well Until November than Started this Bullshit :x
Mysoogal
Captain
Captain

Post by Mysoogal » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:08 pm

Herath wrote:This is 512kbps connection. And the speeds are mentioned in Mbps. It ain't that bad for me ;) (Please do not call it low standards :( ). As for my knowledge, almost all ISPs throttle heavy users to provide good speeds for their customers of high priorities.

And sometimes it is best to settle down with what you have on hand. There are people who do not have enough money even to buy food and cloths.

Having everything at my finger tips shouldn't mean pirating copyrighted material. I am trying to reduce my pirated material usage. :)
i understand, what your saying, but if you do not bring strong arguments with the responsible people to improve the standards in the broadband market you and many other users will be still on the same ADSL 10 years down the line, while the rest of the world will be moving forward, don't take my words as offense I'm just giving you my opinion :) for me i like to improve broadband speeds on every part of the world, I personally believe Internet access is a human freedom and nobody should deprive you from accessing knowledge. just like wikipedia one for all and all for one :D
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:23 pm

Yes. Customer has right to speak for what he consumes. But those are mostly left unheard due to the monopoly here. I think TRC should go ahead with unbundle of loops. Nothing can beat wires at the moment!. ;) But I do not know how practical that is. Also, I read that TRC is going to make a optical fiber link covering the country in future, where operators can buy bandwidth. But no mentioning on international bandwidth. May be their null hypothesis (That we are a kind of dumb people) must have been accepted with strong evidences . :mrgreen:
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:48 pm

http://www.trc.gov.lk/images/pdf/new_entree_package.pdf

I think I should change for 8GB one. Upload is still 128kbps :( . They should really increase it. May be they are having concern only on download speed which every one is so obsessed about.

But can 1:1 contention possible??
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:27 am

just called slt customer service. may be im just loaded with technical terms or they are so naive.
anyway, it costs me 1500 to switch the package. 1500 for just changing some config. im gonna hak em. :D
Now who's wimme? ;)
(just bluffing ;D)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:39 am

Mysoogal, you are correct.. Sri Lanka is far too behind the technology standards. The reason is, the country was hit by brutal terrorism for past 30 years until May, 2009. All types of developments had been slowed down including infrastructure. Now only the country is starting up things.

At the moment the situation is not so good. A few companies dominates the internet and there is nobody whom I can recommend just like Virgin, Orange, 3, etc... All are eating customers money and the biggest eater is SLT which is a government organisations who charge more than a 10 Mbps line in UK for a 2 Mbps link.

We only can wait.... I'm sure the government will do something for this soon.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:09 pm

Saman wrote:Mysoogal, you are correct.. Sri Lanka is far too behind the technology standards. The reason is, the country was hit by brutal terrorism for past 30 years until May, 2009. All types of developments had been slowed down including infrastructure. Now only the country is starting up things.

At the moment the situation is not so good. A few companies dominates the internet and there is nobody whom I can recommend just like Virgin, Orange, 3, etc... All are eating customers money and the biggest eater is SLT which is a government organisations who charge more than a 10 Mbps line in UK for a 2 Mbps link.

We only can wait.... I'm sure the government will do something for this soon.
Hey Friend Is there any Higher Place that We can Inform about? You said TRC isn't doing very well with those Matters, I am Thinking of another Higher Place.

If we can get their Email we can send Emails about this.

Sending Emails to SLT is Useless. they only responded ones. :x

Return to “General Discussions”