Computer Glasses

General Discussions
Nipuna

Computer Glasses

Post by Nipuna » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Please Help Me to Buy a Computer Glasses to Protect my Eyes. I am going to buy it from Ebay.

I don't know what type of one i must buy.

Thanks
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Computer Glasses

Post by Neo » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 pm

Nipuna, I normally do not like to advise people on non-technical topics. Especially when I do not know much about it.
However this is a serious thing so I thought I should post.

Do not buy those glasses from eBay or online unless you know what you are buying. It's like you buy from payment in Sri Lanka. If you really want to buy, go to a good optician and they have computer glasses you want. If your eyes get damaged, it is unrecoverable and will affect your whole life.

The other point is, why don't you buy a LCD display. You can find slightly used very good quality LCDs from Bambalapitiya. LCDs are really good for eyes. (If you can buy one of HD LCDs, it is even better than normal ones).
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Neo wrote:Nipuna, I normally do not like to advise people on non-technical topics. Especially when I do not know much about it.
However this is a serious thing so I thought I should post.

Do not buy those glasses from eBay or online unless you know what you are buying. It's like you buy from payment in Sri Lanka. If you really want to buy, go to a good optician and they have computer glasses you want. If your eyes get damaged, it is unrecoverable and will affect your whole life.

The other point is, why don't you buy a LCD display. You can find slightly used very good quality LCDs from Bambalapitiya. LCDs are really good for eyes. (If you can buy one of HD LCDs, it is even better than normal ones).
Ok. Thanks for the advice how much will A used 14 inch LCD and 14 inch HD LCD?

Thanks
SevenZero
Major
Major

Post by SevenZero » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:33 am

You'll be able to buy a 15" LCD for about LKR 8000 to LKR 12000. I have added information about Japansoft under in Buy Guide > Recommend as it is a good place to buy used computers and parts.

I'm not sure you'll be able to find HD ones in the used market as those are still new. A brand new High Definition (HD) one (like Samsung 22") can be bought for about LKR 20000 - 25000. Note that HD ones are coming with the Digital Output (Very few comes with the analogue (VGA) output). So might need to buy a Graphics Card as well.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:53 am

SevenZero wrote:You'll be able to buy a 15" LCD for about LKR 8000 to LKR 12000. I have added information about Japansoft under in Buy Guide > Recommend as it is a good place to buy used computers and parts.
How about HD LCDs?
SevenZero
Major
Major

Post by SevenZero » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:01 am

See my last post...opppps, I just edited it :)
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:11 am

SevenZero wrote:See my last post...opppps, I just edited it :)
OK

I want a LCD for 4000Rs or for 6000Rs. Is there LCD for that Price same size as above 15 inch.

Thanks
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:11 am

Do you get headaches or eye strains when you use the monitor?. If so, It could be your monitors refresh rate. I use 85Hz on mine. (1280x1024 @85Hz). With contrast at 50% and brightness at 30%.When the natural light in the room is low, I always prefer to turn on lights in the room. This way it is perfect.

CRTs are not that bad. I love the great colours on my monitor. I do not like the LCD colours since I do a bit of photo editing.
But this CRT use 120Watts, So I have no choice other than switching to an LCD. (120Watts Vs 22Watts )

So,What is your CRT model?.
SevenZero
Major
Major

Post by SevenZero » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:31 am

I want a LCD for 4000Rs or for 6000Rs. Is there LCD for that Price same size as above 15 inch.
Call them and check. However I suspect you'll be able to find one for that price.
I do not like the LCD colours since I do a bit of photo editing.
I'm sure you would love a HD LCD with HDMI connection (or at least DVI (digital) connector with a good Graphics Card. That would be the ideal environment for graphics. Also you can wait for LED (not LCD) monitors. This is going to be the future.
viewsonic-vx2250wm.jpg
viewsonic-vx2250wm.jpg (37.36 KiB) Viewed 8125 times
I don't know LED monitors are available in Sri Lanka yet. Can anybody find out this please?
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:35 am

Yes, they are available. I saw a 22watts Samsung, 21.5 inch LED back-lit display at Barclays.It was about 23 thousand. I was thinking to buy it. But it is hard for me to throw my current monitor away. I love the quality other than the power consumption of this monitor.

Return to “General Discussions”