Visual Studio.net

Topics on common programming languages
Nipuna

Visual Studio.net

Post by Nipuna » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:39 pm

What is the Defference between Visual Studio. NET and Visual Studio?

I am still learning Programing.

I am Learning C++ for that I use Dev C++.
But I have Installed Visual Studio on my computer. I only know little bit of VB and Visual C++ but I have Installed whole Software package for my pleasure ;) ;)

So my Question is what is the best one for me?
Visual Studio Or Visual Studio . NET
I only want to install one Because I don't want to Reduce my Free Space of my Hard Disc. ;) ;) ;)

Thanks
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Visual Studio.net

Post by Neo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:22 pm

I think you should go with Visual Studio.Net. Also, if you can start learning C# (very easy and there is nothing you can't do with it in this world :) ) you'll be able to develop anything for Windows. When the framework is available for Linux, you will also run those on that as well. When learning, it is very good to learn something useful for your future too.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:34 pm

Neo wrote:I think you should go with Visual Studio.Net. Also, if you can start learning C# (very easy and there is nothing you can't do with it in this world :) ) you'll be able to develop anything for Windows. When the framework is available for Linux, you will also run those on that as well. When learning, it is very good to learn something useful for your future too.
Is C#.net and C# one language? Or two language?
I am Using Visual Studio 2008 Express is this a .NET one, I am asking this because i can't find it by examining the packages name. :D :D

I am learning C++ it's easy to me after that i will learn C#. Is it OK?

Thanks
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:07 pm

Is C#.net and C# one language?
Yes. However C# is not usually called as C#.Net since C# isn't available under non .Net platforms.
However VB6 was available under Visual Studio (non .Net) so it is a good reason to call VB.Net for the language you find with .Net.
I am learning C++ it's easy to me after that i will learn C#. Is it OK?
As told you before, it is really important to learn one language perfectly. Since the coding structures are almost same in every language, it would be a few days work to learn a new language.
Mysoogal
Captain
Captain

Post by Mysoogal » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:43 am

i would advice on using qt designer, http://qt.nokia.com/
its really cool and lets you build apps on linux and windows :geek: not to mention when you get really good at coding you can also make apps for nokia ! and get paid for your apps cool right and its free

as for MS .net or c# C++ they are nice free tools but they can not simply run on linux without some big complie changes anyway i think if your really into coding you should go with qt designer and head towards C++ :D

good luck !

--------------------- updated post ! sorry to say but it looks really bad if your looking to charge fees with qt :o

OK I'm really not sure what to say after I've read the following from QT
http://qt.nokia.com/products/licensing/ ... al-license

so in order to develop apps which you want to charge users you need to get Qt Commercial Developer License, so i will take back my words and tell you QT
is not what you want if you are going to start charging users fees for your application

if you develop open source apps qt is really great as videolan.org is built using qt

I'm eating my words now, QT Commercial Developer License is expensive i would rather jump out of a bridge then pay that fee not to mention the qt run-time fees , there are probably some other frameworks you can build around with C++ and be able to mess on linux and windows

geez i hate coding
Mysoogal
Captain
Captain

Post by Mysoogal » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:00 am

i found this
http://www.ultimatepp.org/index.html
Ultimate++ is a C++ cross-platform rapid application development framework

U++ is a C++ cross-platform rapid application development framework focused on programmers productivity. It includes a set of libraries (GUI, SQL, etc..), and an integrated development environment.

Rapid development is achieved by the smart and aggressive use of C++ rather than through fancy code generators. In this respect, U++ competes with popular scripting languages while preserving C/C++ runtime characteristics.

The U++ integrated development environment, TheIDE, introduces modular concepts to C++ programming. It features BLITZ-build technology to speedup C++ rebuilds up to 4 times, Visual designers for U++ libraries, Topic++ system for documenting code and creating rich text resources for applications (like help and code documentation) and Assist++ - a powerful C++ code analyzer that provides features like code completion, navigation and transformation.

TheIDE can work with GCC, MinGW and Visual C++ 9.0 as contained in free Windows Vista SDK and contains a full featured debugger. TheIDE can also be used to develop non-U++ applications.

What you can get with the Ultimate++ download in plain English

Very effective C++ library for cross-platform development in source form.

A good integrated development environment, designed for developing large C++ applications.

You can use both, or you can use whichever you need.
looks good :mrgreen:
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:45 am

Thanks Friend I am Downloading the Software too.

But I want to Make All GUI Components by Coding, Because It is Really Important to me to Learn the Language well.
That is one reason why i don't like Visual Basic :D

By the way Thanks
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:41 am

I used wxWidgets sometime back and I think that is used as the standard in the C++ cross platform framework field since 1992. Very long history.

Dev-C++ Setup Guide
Hello World
wxWidgets is a C++ library that lets developers create applications for Windows, OS X, Linux and UNIX on 32-bit and 64-bit architectures as well as several mobile platforms including Windows Mobile, iPhone SDK and embedded GTK+. It has popular language bindings for Python, Perl, Ruby and many other languages. Unlike other cross-platform toolkits, wxWidgets gives its applications a truly native look and feel because it uses the platform's native API rather than emulating the GUI. It's also extensive, free, open-source and mature.
However Qt seems very good (though I didn't use it) according to the reviews but since it is commercial it seems there is no use (since open source apps are available).
Kevin
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kevin » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:50 am

A good book for wxWidgets is added to https://robot.lk/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=1974
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:54 am

Thanks for the Helps Friends.

Neo I am downloading wxwidgets Now. But My Question is Can't we make GUIs without any additional Software? I mean Just Typing Codes in C++?

Also hanks Kevin for the Book.

Thanks

Return to “.Net & Other Programming”