Java adding program

Java programming topics
Face
Major
Major

Java adding program

Post by Face » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Java adding program

I am using NetBeans & tring to make some codes Java.I used NetBeans tutorials & made a little code to make adding software(I dont know is it correct to use the word software :P )
GUI
GUI
add.jpg (25.97 KiB) Viewed 7617 times
AddNumbers.rar
(20.8 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
This is the project file I made in NEtBeans.Can you tell me is it good or any comments ??

Other question is I can run the project with NetBeans.But When I try to run the .jar file My PC open Nokia OVI suit :( can you help me on this?
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Java adding program

Post by Neo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:05 pm

This is the project file I made in NEtBeans.Can you tell me is it good or any comments ??
Very good to see that you have shared your knowledge. This is the way to learn.
Other question is I can run the project with NetBeans.But When I try to run the .jar file My PC open Nokia OVI suit :( can you help me on this?
Try to install JRE (Java Runtime Environment) again. If it is already there, then try to change file association for .jar extension to open with JRE.
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:30 pm

Ahh thanks NEO

I can run the project with NETBeANS.I think I have JRE in my PC.Netbeans ask to install JRE when I am going to install it.
I think Nokia OVI suit is the problem.Because It always ty to get that .jar file as an application to the mobile. :(
Do I have to delete it or any other option..??

other thing is I wanna make this simple thing as .exe program.How can I make it?Any software to do that?

(NEO what you say about that program I made?I am asking your Ideas.Did you run it? I wanna know that is my project file work well with others?)
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:30 am

I think Nokia OVI suit is the problem.Because It always ty to get that .jar file as an application to the mobile. :(
Do I have to delete it or any other option..??
No. I don't think so. Just change the file association for .JAR files to run with JRE instead of Ovi app.
other thing is I wanna make this simple thing as .exe program.How can I make it?Any software to do that?
Free products:
http://jsmooth.sourceforge.net/

Commercial products:
http://www.regexlab.com/en/jar2exe/
http://www.ucware.com/jexec/index.htm
(NEO what you say about that program I made?I am asking your Ideas.Did you run it? I wanna know that is my project file work well with others?)
No. I didn't. But I appreciate your passion on sharing what you did with others. I'm sorry I have no free time at all to run programs where I need to get some serious measures to pass through virus scanners, etc... But I would probably have a look on source code issues since it mostly takes no time at all for me.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:57 am

Cool Man :)

Great to see you are Getting Good. :)

But Try to finish the Tutorials first then get full knowledge, Then you would be making More valuable Programs :)
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Thanks machan NIPUNA!

Did you test the programm?How was it?Working fine or any error?I wanna test it.

And the other problem is I can run that .jar file still :( :( :(
No. I don't think so. Just change the file association for .JAR files to run with JRE instead of Ovi app.
NeO I could not understand this.Still I have the same problem!When I try to run the programm.Start Nokia OVi suit.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Yes. I tested it's Running Well.

To change file association Do this.

Right Click on the Jar file and then Select Properties then at the General tab Click the Change Button then Select Java(TM) Platform SE

Then you are Ready to Go ;)
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Right Click on the Jar file and then Select Properties then at the General tab Click the Change Button then Select Java(TM) Platform SE
NIPUNA bro I don't have Java(TM)Platform SE in my dialog box :(
open.jpg
open.jpg (83.48 KiB) Viewed 7432 times
Do I have to Browse it ? I tried to browse it.But could not find it.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:50 pm

You Must have it without that How you Code and Run them :)

Try Google a Bit to Find out about this because my default one is that so i didn't need to browse
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:46 pm

Nipuna is correct. You should get something like below. If not, browse for the JRE which might be already installed with NetBeans I guess. If you can't find it, you could install JRE separately.
jar.PNG
jar.PNG (26.25 KiB) Viewed 7427 times

Return to “Java Programming”