learn Programing

Java programming topics
Nipuna

learn Programing

Post by Nipuna » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:16 pm

I need to learn Java. can someone help me to find a free service to learn step by step?
Or Guide me to learn.
Thanks.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: learn Programing

Post by Neo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Nipuna, Java is a good programming language. But your interest to embedded systems has fewer relationship to Java. Best is C/C++ and ASM (Specific to chips) for you. Java is used often for web applications such as Java applets, JavaScript, AJAX, etc... and not much used for PC of embedded work due to lack of performance.

Anyway, it is good to have some experience with many languages and expertise your field of interest. I would recommend you to buy this book. You would buy it from Expo Graphics in Petta or Battaramulla. (You may find the EBook if you like).

This Java Tutorial from Sun can also be a good starting point.
Read following parts.
  • Getting Started — An introduction to Java technology and lessons on installing Java development software and using it to create a simple program.
  • Learning the Java Language — Lessons describing the essential concepts and features of the Java Programming Language.
  • Essential Java Classes — Lessons on exceptions, basic input/output, concurrency, regular expressions, and the platform environment.
  • Collections — Lessons on using and extending the Java Collections Framework.
  • Swing — An introduction to the Swing GUI toolkit, with an overview of features and a visual catalogue of components. See below for a more comprehensive tutorial on Swing.
  • Deployment — How to package applications and applets using JAR files, and deploy them using Java Web Start and Java Plug-in.
  • Preparation for Java Programming Language Certification — List of available training and tutorial resources.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Thanks
Are there any Free ebooks?
Kevin
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Kevin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:19 pm

Nipuna