If you not seen the previous article with some videos, you can see it here.
All of you know that we are also one of the main dealers of original Raspberry Pi (Made in UK version). However, we believe that in all forms of life, there is nothing wrong with some healthy competition and in the micro computer form of life, this comes in the form of pcDuino, which from the specifications, seems like Raspberry Pi on steroids, below we will post some quotes, specifications and images:
Mini PC + Arduino = pcDuinopcDuino is a high performance, cost effective mini PC platform that runs PC like OS such as Ubuntu and Android ICS. It outputs its screen to HDMI enabled TV or monitor via the built in HDMI interface. It is specially targeted for the fast growing demands from the open source community. The platform could run full blown PC like OS with easy to use tool chain and compatible with the popular Arduino ecosystem such as Arduino Shields (may need a bridge shield) and open source projects etc.
pcDuino is a mini PC platform that runs a PC-like OS such as Lubuntu and Android 4.0 ICS. It outputs video throught the HDMI port. Moreover, it has a hardware header interface compatible with Arduino.
What pcDuino can Do?
With pcDuino, user could do lots of fun stuff including but not limited to the following:
- Teaching yourself and / or other people how to program
- Interface with electronics hardware on a low level
- Browse the Internet or and create documents using Ubuntu’s application suite
- Learn how to use Ubuntu linux
- Watch movies
- Play games
- And many more DIY projects
A Mini PC with Arduino type Interface powered by ARM Pro Spec:
- CPU: 1GHz ARM Cortex A8
- GPU: OpenGL ES2.0, OpenVG 1.1 Mali 400 core
- DRAM: 1GB
- Onboard Storage: 2GB Flash, SD card slot for up to 32GB
- Video Output: HDMI
- OS: Linux + Android
- Extension Interface: 2.54 mm Headers compatible with Arduino
- Network interface: RJ45 and USB WiFi Dongle
pcDuino Vs Raspberry Pi