How to identify Raspberry Pi Made in UK and Made in China

TRONICLK
Captain
Captain

How to identify Raspberry Pi Made in UK and Made in China

Post by TRONICLK » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:23 am

Many people asks how to identify the Raspberry Pi that is Made in UK with the one Made in China (though there are Chinese duplicates, I'm not talking about those. I'm talking about official Raspberry Pi's that are Made in China). It is very easy.

Made in UK
uk.jpg
uk.jpg (192.02 KiB) Viewed 12830 times
Made in China
china.jpg
china.jpg (103.91 KiB) Viewed 12830 times
TRONIC.LK sells ONLY the Made in UK unit with full package (original box).
pi.JPG
pi.JPG (198.29 KiB) Viewed 12829 times
See TRONIC.LK
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Re: How to identify Raspberry Pi Made in UK and Made in China

Post by SemiconductorCat » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:04 pm

Why don't you TRONIC.LK guys mind to build a local version of RPI.
If you guys could get the ISO certificate then I don't care, I buy the local one.

since the schematics are all open , there's nothing to hide.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/u ... s-R1.0.pdf

May be the 700 Broadcomm Arm[ http://www.raspberrypi.org/wp-content/u ... herals.pdf ] is little bit expensive. I'm studying these days with
a mobil baseband chip like this, http://www.kit-iphone.ru/images/stories ... MT6225.pdf
I'll share if success. I mean new version of Raspeberry pi, Why? Strange? Not said , but it said
'confidential', tooo funny confidential docs are all over the internet , even as static context.
Anybody with few clicks on google could find them up.
SevenZero
Major
Major

Post by SevenZero » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:27 pm

I respect your thought on Sri Lankan products. But UK version of the Raspberry Pi is Made in the UK and fantastic in quality. So as a help to the effort on building such a wonderful device, TRONIC.LK respects and supports Raspberry Pi original product. We do the same respect to Original Arduino products.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:46 pm

SevenZero wrote:I respect your thought on Sri Lankan products. But UK version of the Raspberry Pi is Made in the UK and fantastic in quality. So as a help to the effort on building such a wonderful device, TRONIC.LK respects and supports Raspberry Pi original product. We do the same respect to Original Arduino products.
The precise term is reputation.

It's not a crime to take open source design and make your future of it. Me too do the same.
That's what RH like companies does, they didn't wrote the whole linux kernel. They openly declare that
they have took the open source linux kernel and modified it, as well as these are our modifications and
you also welcome to take our modified kernel , but without our trademark.Because we had lots of
hard time and effort earning our reputation from our customers.

It's illegal and unethical to some-other company to use the name 'Raspberry'. But it's oky to copy it.
Such as begalboard like Chineese made boards also does exists. Even they are a Chinese company
they made their self reputation,not used to market somebody else trademark. But some [ actually
many] MADE in china products have very dynamic trademarks. Such trademarks only do exists for
several weeks or months. Customers could even could not find a website to download their user
guides. And some phones comes as Samsung Clone...etc etc. That's what break the reputation or
respect.

So , no doubt. It's oky to copy it if they allow us to copy. But such a broadcomm chip is BGA ,
and board layout design is also a tough job.

Refer: http://www.raspberrypi.org/trademark-rules

They do own it. Because that's what they build. That trademark is an assert of their company.
^ - this is clearly a violation of international trademark policy.

Same thing happens when Arduno is promoting by saying it uses "C/C++". It's not a crime to say it's programmed
using not "C/C++" but "C/C++ like" language.The truth is great always.Because it will come to the surface someday. So truth is always nobel. Truth will slowly grow your customer base and reputation, but it will last for ever. Because
when that customer get to know that "some company had used your inexperience into their advantage, he
will definitely started to hate you."[Such as why I hate Medi_ Tech Incz].

Return to “Raspberry Pi”