Arduino Help

tharakacm

Arduino Help

Post by tharakacm » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi all,

I'd like to learn about Arduino. anyway I have some knowledge about handling PIC. But i have no idea about Arduino.
So can anyone please help me to find learning materials on Arduino including following things.
1. what is Arduino
2. Programmer and other related hardware
3. Programming language and SDK
4. Few simple applications

Thank You
SevenZero
Major
Major

Re: Arduino Help

Post by SevenZero » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:25 am

I'd like to learn about Arduino. anyway I have some knowledge about handling PIC. But i have no idea about Arduino.
So can anyone please help me to find learning materials on Arduino including following things.
1. what is Arduino
Arduino is a popular open-source single-board microcontroller, descendant of the open-source Wiring platform, designed to make the process of using electronics in multidisciplinary projects more accessible. The hardware consists of a simple open hardware design for the Arduino board with an Atmel AVR processor and on-board input/output support. The software consists of a standard programming language compiler and the boot loader that runs on the board.

Arduino hardware is programmed using a Wiring-based language (syntax and libraries), similar to C++ with some slight simplifications and modifications, and a Processing-based integrated development environment.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arduino

Detailed description: http://arduino.cc/hu/Guide/Introduction
2. Programmer and other related hardware
It is connected to PC with a USB interface and programmed directly thought the Arduino IDE.
3. Programming language and SDK
Most similar to C++ with lot of pre-built libraries to ease the job
4. Few simple applications
See http://arduino.cc/hu/Tutorial/HomePage

Arduino platform (hardware boars and software) is commonly used for learning purposes. It is common tool used mostly in universities that teach microcontrollers and robotics.

My recommendation is, if you know C programming and PIC, it is better to build your own hardware and program using MPLap probably with a superb compiler such HITECH C. You can get a nice PIC programmer/debugger and PIC Development Board from TRONIC.LK for a very reasonable price. Please tell them that you are from ROBOT.LK and they will help you out. Almost every popular PIC/dsPIC/Atmel microconotrller, SMD components, etc... are available with them as well. You can get their contact details from TRONIC.LK website.
tharakacm

Post by tharakacm » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:13 pm

SevenZero , Thank you very much for your detailed answer

:) :) :) :) :)
TRONICLK
Captain
Captain

Post by TRONICLK » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:29 am

You can now buy Arduino deirectly from TRONIC.LK.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:48 pm

Return to “Arduino”