Mac OS on cloud?

Mac OS Topics
Herath
Major
Major

Mac OS on cloud?

Post by Herath » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:28 am

Hi,
I need to use iPhone SDK for a Mobile Application Development course module that I am having this semester. Having both Android and iPhone. So I need to be able to use the iPhone SDK for learning purposes. Unfortunately it is only available for Max OS.
None of my computers support virtualization so I cannot run Mac OS X on vmware. Without hardware virtualization it is slow to the point that the semester will be over when I get to the point of compiling something after finishing the coding.

I was thinking if I could find a service, providing the ability to stream a Mac OS desktop on to my machine like a remote desktop connection. I could not find any for the moment.

I am writing after trying almost everything. I cannot install anything more than OS X 10.6.3 on my laptop and even that messes up my HDD partition table.
I wonder how does that iPhone App store have so many apps with a so little developer base. :?

So any idea, anyone about the Mac OS X remote connectivity service?.
Thanks.
Herath
Major
Major

Re: Mac OS on cloud?

Post by Herath » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:11 pm

Found this aqua connect thing. However, it is going to cost and I won't possible be able to install anything.
http://www.aquaconnect.net/mac-terminal-server.php

Not sure if they provide servers of their own or if this is just a server application. The description on the web page is quite confusing. Bad design :P
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:39 am

Hello Herath... After a long time dude! Nice to see you back in EC.

With regard to your question... One of my friends wanted the same and what he did was, install VirtualBox (no matter you have hardware level virtualisation or not) and then install Mac OS on it. It worked simply fantastic.

I'm not sure whether they have removed Mac OS support now, so you need to have a look.
More info: https://blogs.oracle.com/fatbloke/entry ... _in_oracle
Meva

Post by Meva » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 pm

May be you can try this method. Google search hackingtosh and you can find many valuable resource.
This the only way you can do that. Make sure download the xcode 4 , now the latest version xcode 5 wont support in this version of mac

[ Post made via iPad Mini ] Image
jaheen100
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jaheen100 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:41 pm

Mac OS is a series of graphical user interface-based operating systems developed by Apple Inc.

Return to “Mac OS”