What are the Features That Mac has than Windows and Linux?

Mac OS Topics
Nipuna

Re: What are the Features That Mac has than Windows and Linux?

Post by Nipuna » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Oops :o A War Between Geniuses :o

All Because of My Thread :?
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:16 pm

No, not because of you nipuna. There is no war. People should argue. And should respect each others idea and should not humiliate one another. In my life time, If I could be a huge company owner I would not humiliate my janitors for what they do. World needs every type of person. We need diversity. People need to learn respecting each other. I hope that I did not make any insult to Mr. Uditha.
Mac might be great. But that greatness comes at a cost which you and me can't afford. Our little country should not spend such money. I think it is time that we start building tech products like computers on our own. But wait, where is all our engineers.. they all are gone, sadly.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:11 am

Yes. That's Right
Ageek
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ageek » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:37 pm

First of all sorry for delay reply, i replied after several threads.

Mr. Herath (I really don't mean to address u personally, since this is a community forum).

I KEEP THE PREVIOUS COMMENT UNCHANGED.

If u dont even know how to enable nice gui, watching movie, change color schema, etc of Linux even today (even it is more easier today) it is better not to reply this type of unknowing matters to you. You are jot just replying to the requester, you are replying to the community :oops: You better stick with great Windows as a desktop user.

This is not personally criticizing you.

As Neo explained i have the same experience with computers. I started working with DOS and Win3.1 as so on, way back in the middle of 90's. I used windows to learn and practice the computing. However, when moving to the advance computing i switched to Linux (about 8-7 years back), and Mac recently (about 4 Years back). Linux can be modified as you want ( i'm not sure that you are familiar with OS customization, if u don't pls forget it), compile the software as you want and so on (read about 4 freedoms). This is not the time to teach about Linux. If u put an effort which u put to search on me and our campus network, to search about Linux, UNIX and Mac you want reply like that. Sorry if u think i criticize you. Which is not I explained you and rest of the users. 8-)

Lets think if i reply to a thread which is in the Microprocessor Area, eventhough i have experience working with several PICs and DSPIC. That would be a major mistake to the rest of the people who take a guide from my reply.

Il reply to some of your questions,
  • * Brute-force. Searching all possible combination. (as i remember i post one article in Linux area)Do u know history of that. Il give an example, when introduce the DES (56-bit key) cryptographic algo way back in 1976 (as i remember), it was hard to break in that time with the available computational power. even in 1997 it took several months to decode it using brute-force. In 1998 DES cracker was introduced ( cost of this dedicated HW was nearly $250,000 ) it took 3-4 days. But now it is fraction of second.
    * Apple is not a Black-box as you said.
    * I know how to treat young people. thats why im here. 8-)
If you were hurt sorry again, i didn't mean it.

You better experience with Linux or Mac. you will realize what i said. (im not criticizing windows, that is extremely good for desktop user and it is user friendly as well as u said. I'm talking beyond this dimension).

PS: As you said i'm not a geek.
thanks neo for the reply. i wish You can go for mac asap.

It is better to stop this thread, this is become more personal now.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Though the arguments have gone a bit warm, I think it is all good valuable information. There is no end to learning. Both of you have contributed to this topic and finally most credit goes to one and only -> Nipuna. The initiator of this deadly battle :mrgreen:
thanks neo for the reply. i wish You can go for mac asap.
Can you lend me your lap for few days? :lol: Just kidding, I know she is your baby.
Nipuna

Post by Nipuna » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:59 pm

Both of you have contributed to this topic and finally most credit goes to one and only -> Nipuna. The initiator of this deadly battle :mrgreen:
Thanks.

Wha! I finally Started a Battle between two Geniuses :mrgreen:
Herath
Major
Major

Post by Herath » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:00 pm

I am sorry. I apologize. You are right, I am a noob...
Enigma
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Enigma » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Ok I like to develop some Mac/IPad/Iphone applications. Only issue is that the apple computers are so much expensive. :(
Can I use the hakintosh for developments ? I don't want to publish them to the apple store. just want to write some codes. :)
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:38 pm

Enigma wrote:Ok I like to develop some Mac/IPad/Iphone applications. Only issue is that the apple computers are so much expensive. :(
Can I use the hakintosh for developments ? I don't want to publish them to the apple store. just want to write some codes. :)

Apple did not open IPod SDK but some hackers have hacked and maintain a doc base of their system calls
and API's. The real war is still going on forcing apple to open it's SDK.They would never open it. so it's a waste
of time.

IPAD ,MAC, Iphone SDK's are open for the developer. But you need to sign your executable code with their
certificate and put in the app store. Unless it was jail braked.

If you want to buy start iphone development mini-mac is the best choice. But still costs 80,000/- rs in sri lanka.
599$ only in store.apple.com but thanks to those riots who like to keep competition down and their price
up^ , so particularly it's a dream still. But for iphone ppl develop applications using eclipse IDE and under
windows.

If you know C++ programming [ ppl start wars with innocent non geek me ,saying C++ is worthless ! ,
so now where is your voice?] BTW non of my business. So there is something called airplay sdk, if you
don't have the money to buy a mac-mini, unlike eclipse it fully support the iOS latest versions.
search on wearz [I don't like to put that kind of links here]. But anyway if you'r not jailbraked , then
you still need to pay $100 to the apple annual for their registration.
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Whoever tells what for a mobil phones , the future programming language looks like C++.
no matter what.

if you are a experienced and trained C++ developer , it's really worth your learning curve that
you did.

here I found free community version there.
http://www.mosync.com

iOS,Symbian , Android, everything are going in C++ now.Sounds C++ is promising for future
mobil developments. Good luck C++.

Return to “Mac OS”