What are the Features That Mac has than Windows and Linux?

Mac OS Topics
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What are the Features That Mac has than Windows and Linux?

Post by Neo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:31 am

iOS,Symbian , Android, everything are going in C++ now.Sounds C++ is promising for future mobil developments. Good luck C++.
C++ will have its place for sure. However if Android is going to lead the battle, it would be Java. Though there is a native dev kit for C, GUI of Android itself is written using Java. Still too early to predict anything on that....
SemiconductorCat
Major
Major

Post by SemiconductorCat » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Neo wrote:
iOS,Symbian , Android, everything are going in C++ now.Sounds C++ is promising for future mobil developments. Good luck C++.
C++ will have its place for sure. However if Android is going to lead the battle, it would be Java. Though there is a native dev kit for C, GUI of Android itself is written using Java. Still too early to predict anything on that....

Neo I suppose you still didn't download the mosync IDE. It support vast variety of devices.
and community version is free.
http://www.mosync.com/

which means if you use mosync library, http://code.google.com/p/mosync/ your code will be source code level platform independent for variety of devices.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:58 am

I had a quick look at MoSync and as you said it has quite a lot of support for several mobile platforms with C++. Some of the important features are yet come for Android (PIM, Camera Access, Sending SMS) though it still looks promising. It seems like they have aimed Symbian at the beginning?

Anyway I was only taken Android in to consideration based on their standard SDKs and NDKs as a reply to you. Android development is encouraged (and usually done) using Java. Android SDK needs JDK to be there since a part of the OS (GUI, etc...) is written using Java. However, Android has a NDK (Native Development Kit) which the developers can use to code using C++ application. I doubt whether it is possible to develop GUI based applications (which consume more memory) using C++. Read When to Develop in Native Code. So it is good to have a C++ development environment for Android to address both Java and C++ sides. According to the article MoSync C++ seamless native development for Android phones, it seems MoSync had tackled the issue wisely.

Return to “Mac OS”