???????? ?????
Face
Major
Major

Key toglers

Post by Face » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:39 am

Friends I wanna know about key togglers

http://www.mediafire.com/?g8outvrv4cb14n3

I got this one from my friend to check.but Now i cant remove it...It was my fault.I wanna know that Do i have to format the C drive :( urgent
Enigma
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Key toglers

Post by Enigma » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:37 pm

Hi Face
Seems like this is designed to delete the Program Files folder. What makes you think this is a key logger ? I see only one BAT file. May be I'm missing some files. Let us know.

Thanks
Enigma
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:09 am

First take the process list in Task manager and try to locate any process that is related to that program. If you can see one, just press End Process to close them. You might search net for running processors related to that program. After that locate the program in your program files folder as Enigma suggested and then delete it. BTW: Do you get any message when you try to uninstall such as Uninstall ?????? ?? "Could not Open Install.Log File" ?????? ?
Face
Major
Major

Post by Face » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:39 pm

The link was given by my friend & he told me it is a keylogger.thanks for the help friend.I was afraid :(

can some one give me a simple idea

what is a keylogger & how it works ?
what are the threats from keyloggers ?
what are the steps we should follow if we got know if we got a keylogger in PC

thanks
Saman
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Saman » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:49 pm

When a keylogger or any other program is installed in your PC, it is that you have given the full rights to take everything out of your PC. It can transmit your Credit Card number, your email password or any document if it wants. So make sure you try your best to install software from a knows source. Keyloggers in particular can log everything you type in to a disk file and email the list to a given email address. That's what you are told. It can also transmit that to its own location. I think the only safest way to have a keylogger installed is to program one by your own.
what is a keylogger & how it works ?
Windows is a message passing operating system. In other words every event or interrupt is passed to and from processes as messages. If you press a key, it passes as a message through the processes. If you install a program and using techniques such as sub-classing and hooking (more advanced than sub-classing), you would be able to intercept some of the messages through your handler instead of Windows standard handler. In this way, if you trap keystrokes through your handler, all key strokes will be flown through your program. After saving them to disk (or transferring over internet/email, etc...), you simply pass the message back to original Windows handler so no one notice any difference. All the passwords such as facebook, gmail, etc..., credit card number, etc... will be caught by the program in this way.
what are the threats from keyloggers ?
I think I have already explained about it. If it is not from a trusted source, it could also send al those passwords, etc... to a third party web.
what are the steps we should follow if we got know if we got a keylogger in PC
Just do everything possible to remove that. Most of the popular keyloggers can be caught by anti-virus/anti-malware/anti-spyware programs. Malwarebytes Antimalware is a very good program. Get rid of them as soon as possible.

If you want to learn more, I have added an article about Subclassing and Hooking

Return to “??????? ???? ?????”