Discussing About C#, Visual Studio and Project Enhancements

.NET programming topics
Neofriend
Captain
Captain

Discussing About C#, Visual Studio and Project Enhancements

Post by Neofriend » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:08 pm

This is a pretty general thread but this will really do what it asks for, the discussion.

Many of you here must be experienced programmers, like Neo, who can share the tips and tricks or say the best practices or even what makes a software attractive.

For example, adding a notifyIcon to a C# project in Visual Studio, gives you the option to minimize the window and have it minimize to tray than to taskbar.

In my opinion, these little things make up the feel of the overall software. Definitely, with its, usability and quality as well as performance.

It all sounds mellifluous but at times its hard to grasp the concepts. So I invite all of you please, especially Neo and other experience contributors, to kindly share your experience and opinion and probably make this a sticky thread.

Thank you.
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Discussing About C#, Visual Studio and Project Enhancements

Post by Neo » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:19 pm

I have added a system tray tutorial with an attached example code at https://robot.lk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1085
Neofriend
Captain
Captain

Post by Neofriend » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:52 am

Great.

Since this is a discussion thread, anyone could ask C#, Visual Studio and Project development related questions, specific to .NET/C# please -

So, I've heard the importance of macros time and time again over different places - How does macros work in Visual Studio for C# -

I've used it and I know why macros is used - basically, for repeating the same steps - and for those who don't know - Ctrl+Shift+R to record a new temporary macro. Press Ctrl+Shift+R to stop recording. Ctrl+Shift+P to play the recorded macro.

But Neo, can you please share some practical life examples of where can it be really useful?
Neo
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Neo » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:22 am

Main aim of VS.Net macros is to improve productivity of developers. There are two ways of creating macros.
  1. recorded macros
  2. programmatically-created macros
First one is simple to use. For the second one I can point you out a very useful Collapse All macro.

Return to “.NET Programming”